Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-11-29 02:03:18

NewBlankCard
Contributor

Issues in getting started

Hi there.
New and confused.
I'm following the getting started wiki. I haven't even finished the first step and my brain is hurting! I am going to be a regular poster here I think smile
So: I'm using this https://github.com/Proxmark/proxmark3/wiki/Windows

I'm confused from around step 7. My Github doesn't have a button that says exactly "drag a repository here to add". Instead it has:
Create a tutorial
Clone from the internet
Create new Rep on your hard drive
add an existing Rep from your hard drive
Tip: drag and drop a rep here to add to desktop.

I assumed the last option was what the wiki means. But then it asked me to choose a local path on my hard drive, so I went for the path in step 8 "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\GitHub\proxmark3"
The blue button remain unclickable so I wasn't sure what to do.

I had more luck adding by using the from the internet option, pasting in the url. That worked. In the GitHub folder I changed proxmark3 to pm3. I then hit copy. This is where I think I'm going wrong. I go into the proxspace-master folder and hit paste. There is no other folder called pm3 for my paste to overwrite. Just the folder msys2. I then hit the runme.64 and it doesn't come up with the Minimalist GNU thing (I don't understand what it is!)

I am determined to understand this all and clone my first card. By the way I am planning on using a proxmark 3 easy when it arrives.
Please help, sorry for being stupid!
thanks
J

#2 2021-12-22 00:23:46

kosgguy
Contributor

Re: Issues in getting started

You have to watch youtube tutorial and follow them straight.
If you encounter any error you should attach an image, because your text is so long. I personally have successfully installed in my windows & raspberry pi (linux) the proxmark client following youtube tutorials.

Thanks

#3 2021-12-22 18:51:34

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Issues in getting started

..after one year I would hope OP solved their issue

Board footer