Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-12-11 15:11:49

Idool54
Contributor

Trouble getting started

Hi all,

I would like to clone a Mifare S50 7byte tag, but I have some difficulties getting started. Maybe you can give me a push in the right direction.

I have followed all steps in the getting started guide for windows

I have a blank Mifare S50 7bytes Gen1a and a Mifare S50 7bytes Gen2, but have not yet been succesfull in writing data to either one the Gen2 tag. I know that both types need a different approach when writing to the tag.

Problems that have occurred:
1. Standalone mode: Original tag has been read in bank [0] and bank [1], however cloning results in "#db# write block send command error".

2. command 'hf mf dump' results in error "Could not find dumpkeys.bin"

3. command 'hf mf read' results in message "Waiting for a response from the proxmark... You can cancel this operation by pressing the pm3 button" --> I have waited a couple of hours, but nothing happens. When I press the pm3 button the Stand-alone mode is being activated.

4. command 'hf mf esave' has succesfully exported an eml file.

5. command 'hf mf cload filename.eml' appears to run succesfully, however the new tag is still empty.

6. command hf 14a snoop: green light starts burning, nothing else happens. From this moment the pm3 cannot be pinged anymore.

Edit: I think got the Gen1a clone working smile I still would like to learn to write to the Gen2, therefore I would kindly like to ask your help with making the dump.

Last edited by Idool54 (2020-12-11 15:30:29)

#2 2020-12-15 18:21:34

Idool54
Contributor

Re: Trouble getting started

Okay, sorry for this topic everybody. I have learned a lot since my initial post. I am running Iceman's firmware and the problems above have been resolved.

Board footer