Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-06-30 06:56:16

samy
Contributor
Website

Did I bust my proxmark?

Hey guys,

I've been doing some dev on the pm3 but tonight I dropped it on the ground accidentally!

Now, hidfskdemod works the same.

However, whenever I do a loread -> losamples 2000, the sample rate seems to be incorrect every time and it seems to change. I'm looking at an EM4102 tag which should have 64 samples but it's different every time I read the card. My Phidgets reader reads the card correctly every time.

Any ideas? Could have dropping it messed it up or is something else possibly wrong? Why would an EM4102 tag not work but hidfskdemod seems to work fine?

Thanks

#2 2009-06-30 20:18:07

samy
Contributor
Website

Re: Did I bust my proxmark?

I finally was able to get a couple good reads on a clamshell card and a thin credit card style cards, although a lot of the time I do reads I still get invalid reads.

Not sure if it's the proxmark3, my antenna, direction of the card...

#3 2009-06-30 21:21:56

d18c7db
Contributor

Just capture the raw waveform and plot it, if there are any issues it should be obvious in the plot especially if you compare a saved one from before and one after the drop.

Visually inspect the board with a magnifying glass for obvious signs of damage. After that you might want to take a more structured approach and using the circuit diagram check out each section with a multimeter at least.

Last edited by d18c7db (2009-06-30 21:22:33)

#4 2009-06-30 22:35:05

samy
Contributor
Website

Hey d1,

Thanks. I've been looking at the plots and almost every read I got, the plot is slightly different. Different amounts of time between the peaks and way different looking waveforms. Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's not.

Time to get a magnifying glass and multimeter smile

Board footer