Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2021-02-21 03:39:23

rumeye
Contributor

Cloning Amiibo for switch (Ntag215)

I am just messing around with the Proxmark 3 and wanted to try cloning my son's Amiibo figure. From what I understand it uses an NTAG215.

I have tried a variety of ways to copy the amiibo and simulate the toy with the Proxmark. However, every time I try to use it on the Switch it doesn't respond to the Proxmark. Is it still possible to clone an Amiibo or am I missing something? Maybe something with the encryption?

When cloning the Amiibo I start by using the pwdgen -r command and obtain the password through there. I've tried completing a dump using the mfu and 14a commands and then convert the file to an eml file with the data_mfu_bin2eml script. Then I eload the file using mf eload and then the sim command with -t 7 and the UID.

I can't figure it out!

#2 2021-02-23 00:03:02

gator96100
Contributor

Re: Cloning Amiibo for switch (Ntag215)

Simulating an Amiibo on the Proxmark is really hard. You do require perfect distance between the Proxmark and the nfc reader on the Switch controller. I only managed to do it once with a Proxmark3 RDV4, before switching to blank NTAG stickers. On cheap Pm3 easy clones it might be even harder, because of bad coupling.

#3 2021-02-27 15:07:39

startrk1995
Contributor

Re: Cloning Amiibo for switch (Ntag215)

Honestly I just got this working. 

The forums/google have all the information but nothing all in one place.  It was a steep learning curve but I can understand why it is not easily found.  I think Nintendo would not be pleased if there was an "easy" tool to copy their merchandise.

As far as the distance..  I just flip the proxmark so the HF antenna is resting on the right switch controller joystick and it seems to pick it up every time.

Rumeye.  It sounds like you are almost there!!!  Hint:  Open the eml output, check the datasheet on Ntag 215/amiibos.  The PACK and PWD need to go in there.

Board footer