Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-07-23 14:21:10

honestsuccess

Clone of UID

Hello,

I want to know one thing. As we all know that it is not tough to clone Mifair Classic. But what i want to know that will the UID of particular Mifair will also be clone with it ?  As far as my knowledge the UID is a serial number of particular card. So will it also cloned or only the data in the card will only cone ?

Thanks for your time.

#2 2009-07-23 16:17:43

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
Website

Re: Clone of UID

It's the other way around - currently it's easily possible to clone the UID, but to clone the data blocks would require a full mifare emulation which hasn't been done on the PM3 yet, and the genuine mifare 'blanks' with programmable UID do not seem to be that easy to find...

#3 2009-07-24 05:38:13

honestsuccess

Dear Adam

Thanks for your reply.  So according to you the clone of UID is easy now. But genuine mifare blanks with programmable UID is not easy to find then how can a person can clone the UID of any Mifair Classic to another Mifair  ? 

Basically what i wan to know is suppose i clone the Mifair classic then the UID of the clone card will also be same or it will be different.

#4 2009-07-24 06:15:44

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
Website

You can't - you clone the UID with an emulator like the PM3 or the IAIK DemoCard.

#5 2009-07-24 07:19:55

honestsuccess

If you do not mind. Can you tell me what is PM3 and IMAI. They are type of card or it is SDK.

#6 2009-07-24 11:19:31

TomBu
Contributor
Website

You can also emulate the UID with a cheap reader that is supported by LibNFC, like the Touchatag reader.

I've been trying to extend the emulate program a bit so that it reads the card info from a binary file and then uses that data to start answering the readers requests according to Mifare specs.

However, I was wondering in how much legal trouble one could get when releasing such a software emulation of the Mifare card. My quick search for a patent related to the MIkron FARE-collection System did not result in anything but everyone says MiFare is patented... just can't seem to find it.

Cheers,
Tom

#7 2009-07-24 11:22:18

shinechou
Contributor

TomBu wrote:

You can also emulate the UID with a cheap reader that is supported by LibNFC, like the Touchatag reader.

I've been trying to extend the emulate program a bit so that it reads the card info from a binary file and then uses that data to start answering the readers requests according to Mifare specs.

However, I was wondering in how much legal trouble one could get when releasing such a software emulation of the Mifare card. My quick search for a patent related to the MIkron FARE-collection System did not result in anything but everyone says MiFare is patented... just can't seem to find it.

Cheers,
Tom

would u like to share ur SW emulation? thx in advance!

#8 2009-07-24 11:26:49

TomBu
Contributor
Website

Dear ShineChou,

As soon as I have a good feeling that my ass won't be shot down by NXP's legal department I am more then willing to do so. Until then .... I'm not so sure.
And BTW it's still work in progress. :-)

Cheers,
Tom

Board footer