Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2011-11-24 14:44:34

HGB

Device not found

Hi!

Just bought a Proxmark3 from this website and tried to get it up and running yesterday but without any success.
I tried both in Linux (Ubuntu 11.10) and win7 and both just gives me some "device not found" message (different depending on platform)

I can see from the manual that the device is supposed to flash some LEDs on power up but mine is totally black, no LED activity at all.

For windows I downloaded the files and executed prox.exe, is there something, like a driver, I've missed?

The webpage also states that all HW should be flashed with correct firmware and tested, but could it be that I need to flash the device anyway?

Any comments?

// Hans

#2 2011-11-24 21:02:59

0xFFFF
Administrator

Re: Device not found

Hi Hans,

If you purchased a Proxmark from Proxmark3.com it would have been tested and had some firmware on it. If there are no LEDs at all and no relay click when you plug it in to your computer try another USB lead. Also, try a different device on the same USB lead to rule out the possibility of a dodgy lead. Contact the guys at Proxmark3 ASAP if you're still having trouble.

Proxmark3.com have their own downloads page with a manual here. Have you read this?

Regards,
-0xFFFF

#3 2011-11-25 11:17:30

HGB

Re: Device not found

Thanks!

"dodgy lead" was the clue I needed.  Found some plastic, probably some part of the wrapping, that was stuck inside the connector. Minimal surgery and now is everything more optimistic on my side, LEDs are flashing and device is responding.

Cheers!

Board footer