Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2013-05-30 23:08:49

MnBadger
Contributor

AWID

Hello,

I'm trying to read an AWID key card. It has printed "AWID26" which I'm assuming stands for weigand 26. I've tried using fskdemod and indalademod with no luck.

With Indalademod, I would especially think it works but when I run it I get a successful read with all zero's and matched occurrences to expected occurrences.

Any other commands I could try? I'm fairly confident my apartment manager didn't program a card with all zero's.

#2 2013-06-01 04:19:45

carl55
Contributor

Re: AWID

AWID cards are very similar to HID Prox cards in that they both use FSK modulation operating at 12.5Khz and 15.625 Khz. The AWID cards also use a unique parity scheme whereby every fourth bit is an odd parity bit.
I have successfully programmed many AWID compatible cards in the past using the standard 26-bit format. Here is a link to a pdf file I created which contains a couple of AWID format charts. The first page shows how the data is modulated and includes sample oscilloscope and logic analyzer waveforms. The second page shows how a T55x7 card can be programmed to emulate an AWID card.
Good Luck.
http://www.proxclone.com/pdfs/AWID_FSK_Format.pdf

#3 2013-06-01 08:12:28

MnBadger
Contributor

Wow, this helps a lot! Thank you.

So there isn't a function in PM3 that reads AWID yet? From your document it appears it wouldn't be too complicated to create, for a seasoned programmer of course.

I'll be checking this document out in more detail tomorrow morning, very good job documenting it!

#4 2013-06-14 16:22:37

MnBadger
Contributor

It works!

#5 2013-06-18 22:01:12

marshmellow
Contributor

you wouldn't happen to have other pdf's of other formats would you carl55?  as if i go to the proxclone site there is no way to navigate to that particular pdf.  Just wondering if there are others available that cannot be navigated to.

Thanks!

Board footer