Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2013-04-27 14:05:38

gaucho
Contributor
Website

porting client to Java (platform independent) to use it on Android

Dear Roel (and community all),
First of all thank you for your work.
I know I'm not the first one to think about it, but I wish an app on android with GUI (a client) for Proxmark without the need to root the phone.
I wish to ask you if you think it's possible  to have a "INTERFACE COMMUNICATION DOCUMENT" about messages exchanged on the usb line.
What I need is the association between text commands on the command prompt and the syntax of usb request/response.
With such document I can make a java library for android and an app in order to let us communicate with proxmark in a nice GUI interface.
As starting point I'm reading about this library (http://code.google.com/p/usb-serial-for-android/ ) that allows us to read and write on usb. I hope it could be as easy as I suppose.

I hope you are interested in a java porting of the client.

Any help will be appreciated.

p.s.: I'm a programmer for android (java) , Windows (vb.net) and apple ios (objective c)

Regards.

Last edited by gaucho (2013-05-03 10:27:37)

#2 2014-04-13 15:36:16

MilkThief
Contributor

Re: porting client to Java (platform independent) to use it on Android

No answers, gaucho? I think your project is important... The "mobile" aspect for a RFID project is basic...

#3 2014-04-13 18:34:24

gaucho
Contributor
Website

the code for the client on google code is quite clear. I just miss the time to start the porting.

#4 2014-04-13 19:08:57

asper
Contributor

USB commands are really a lot for some client commands (it means that 1 single client command can produce many usb-sent sub-commands) and i think this is really difficult to implement. Unfortunately a gui like the win version seems to be the only practical way (settings file is already good to be used) but in most cases it will need root

Last edited by asper (2014-04-13 19:10:25)

#5 2014-04-13 21:15:02

MilkThief
Contributor

Very good! The android app will convert the PM3 into a PM3-LCD standalone... With more functionalities, I suppose.
Thank you!

#6 2015-07-13 17:08:32

steve
Contributor

One idea is to include the proxmark client as NDK (native) code, and then map the GUI to the readline input. E.g. pressing the "SIM" key would push 'hf mf sim' to the readline buffer, then read back and parse the response - or even directly call the dispatch functions.

Question is if apps/NDK are allowed libusb access without a rooted phone. Probably not. This would be required anyway for any kind of implementation, unless, perhaps, the proxmark could emulate a usb storage device, emulating a filesystem, and accepting commands through such a virtual file (would be an interesting idea/interface!)

Last edited by steve (2015-07-13 17:10:26)

Board footer