Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-09-23 16:27:26

dompie
Contributor

SOLVED!! RDv2 not showing unless w/ button trick, not accepting flash

MANAGED TO SOLVE THE ISSUE AND DECIDED TO SHARE THE PROBLEM AND RESOLUTION

PROBLEM:
Im banging my head agains a wall trying to get this to work
Here are some details, not in any particular order

- Proxmark RDv2
- Purchased on Ebay (Chinese)
- Current Boot/Image Unknown
- Size is 256
- Followed RfidResearchGroup Linux and MacOS instructions
- Modem Manager is disabled on Linux
- All repo installation errors resolved prior to flashing boot
- If button held, RDv2 shows up as ttyACM0 on Linux or tty.usbmodemiceman1
- If button not held, nothing related to proxmark3 appears in lsusb or /dev ls
- All flash commands being executed while in the promark3 dir
- Ran make accessrights
- Ran make clean && make all
- Reboots performed
- Current lights - Orange and Blue (on side) OR Blue A and C (if holding button while plugging in)

I did a ton of research but cannot seem to resolve the issue.  Tried pm3-flash-all, then separated it with pm3-flash-bootrom, and pm3-flash-fullimage
I can only get the proxmark3 to show up while it hold the button during plug in. Prior to the flash attempt, the proxmark would show up when plugged in without any button press

So, while upgrading, the upgrade seems to go through (using button trick) providing the “all done, Have a nice day!” message and no errors, then the proxmark reboots and can no longer be seen as a tty device or as a usb device.

How do I completely clear the bootrom or image and start from scratch.

Also, had issues with the client/flasher part saying that ‘client is not a command’… Resolved that by running pm3-flash-bootrom and pm3-flash-fullimage

Tried running the proxmark3 using command pm3 while holding the button and received an error saying “Cannot communicate with proxmark”

Bottom line is I cannot seem to boot up proxmark3 without having to hold the button while plugging in. Seems like the flash is not being accepted even though it completes

Prior to all this, had a clicking every 18 second issue and also if I plug in the proxmark3 without holding button and then hold the button, the blue LEDs start flashing in a circle direction really fast until I let go.

RESOLUTION:
While trying to flash using my mac using brew, command PM3-FLASH-ALL, I noticed a portion which said MAKE CLEAN followed by (Something like) MAKE ALL ..... OPTION=PM3RDV4.
I don't have an RDV4, I have an RDV2!
I delete everything related to Proxmark3, I go back to the Mac/Brew instructions, notice this OPTIONAL config command % export HOMEBREW_PROXMARK3_PLATFORM=xxxxxx
Those xxxxxx usually default to PM3RDV4 when, for older models, should be PM3OTHER.
Ran this command % export HOMEBREW_PROXMARK3_PLATFORM=PM3OTHER
followed by % brew upgrade --fetch-HEAD proxmark3
followed by % pm3-flash-all (While holding the power button during plug in)
WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! 18HRS of ripping out what hair i have left is finally over!!!

May I ask that the instructions be updated to reflect that this "Optional" platform=pm3rdv4 vs platform=pm3other is "Required" for the older models?

Thank you!! and sooooo glad its finally working!

#2 2020-11-17 11:18:51

user1311
Contributor

Re: SOLVED!! RDv2 not showing unless w/ button trick, not accepting flash

have you tried jtaging ?

Board footer