Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-08-17 22:04:11

Appellus
Contributor

Flashing Issues on PM3 Easy 512k

So I just got a Proxmark3 Easy 512k and I’ve been playing around with it in preparation for my next implant. Yesterday, I was able to flash both the official repo and Icemanrepo bootloaders/full images. However today, after swapping back to Iceman’s, I’ve run into an error with flashing the full image, which I suspect is also the reason my Proxmark throws a fit when I try to “auto” (i.e. disconnects and reconnects a bunch of times). I have tried both the pm3-flash-all, flashing the bootloader and fullimage separately, and just flash-all then both. At this point, I’m now wondering if there’s a way to just straight factory reset the PM3 and so I can just reinstall the firmware.

I should mentioned I have reinstalled ProxSpace, and that I am able to run the official repo no problem, but I think that may be because it’s smaller and doesn’t access the deeper storage that Iceman’s does. Linked you can find the error in question, which looks to be a locked segment?

The Error in Question

#2 2020-08-17 22:28:22

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Flashing Issues on PM3 Easy 512k

you can JTAG it.

#3 2020-08-19 05:10:59

Appellus
Contributor

Re: Flashing Issues on PM3 Easy 512k

Interestingly enough, I ordered a second device from the same distributor, and upon attempting to flash it again, was met with the same error regarding the 496th block. I'm going to contact the manufacturer and see what they say about it.

Board footer