Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-03-22 00:17:52

atmel9077
Contributor

Write fails on ICODE SLI-S when option flag set.

Hello

I am currently creating an Arduino library to add partial 15693 support for the RC522 chip (more details here).
For some very specific reason I need to send WRITE SINGLE BLOCK commands with option flag set. So that instead of acknowledging once the EEPROM has successfully been written, the tag acknowledges when I order it to.

I tested it on several cards, so far so good until something went unexpectedly wrong.
When I send this to an ICODE SLI-S tag, it immediately throws 0x0F errors at me. This is especially helpful, since according to the ISO15693 standad, 0x0F means "unknown error".

I should also mention that if I perform a "blind" WRITE SINGLE BLOCK with option = 0 and then read the block the data is changed.

What's even more embarrassing is that this document shows no sign of the option flag support being optional...

So, I would like to know if any of you ever witnessed such kind of seemingly non-compliant behavior on these tags, or if you can guess what I could've done wrong ?

Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 2020-03-22 08:03:29

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Write fails on ICODE SLI-S when option flag set.

[moved] moved to correct category

Board footer