Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-03-11 19:16:08

Radiation
Contributor

Write Block Error after wrbl command

I recently cloned a sample card onto a blank Mifare 1k card and began to play around with changing the default keys to something different.
I ran the following commange:

hf mf wrbl 3 A FFFFFFFFFFFF  AAAAAAAAAAAA7f078800BBBBBBBBBBBB

This successfully wrote the block but after writing this I can no longer write to the block again. Attempting a restore writes to all block except sector 0, all block in sector 0 report `Cmd Error: 04`. After reading some other posts in the forum I tried running the remagic.lua and formatMifare.lua. The scripts worked on resetting the card but now attempting to run a restore reports the `Cmd Error: 04` error on all blocks in every sector. I can still alter the card using the c* commands. Is this behavior expected or am I missing something in order to reset the card to allow a restore to apply correctly?

The card currently reports as such:

UID : 01 02 03 04          
ATQA : 00 04          
 SAK : 08 [2]          
TYPE : NXP MIFARE CLASSIC 1k | Plus 2k SL1          
proprietary non iso14443-4 card found, RATS not supported          
Chinese magic backdoor commands (GEN 1a) detected          
Prng detection: WEAK

#2 2020-03-11 20:51:31

Radiation
Contributor

Re: Write Block Error after wrbl command

I figured it out I believe! I took a 'good' card, dumped it to a .eml file and used the `cload` command restore it. After this I was able to run the restore command and have it write successfully! I still don't have an understanding as to why this occurred sadly. If anyone has any idea why, I'm very curious.

Board footer