Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-12-05 23:07:18

0xff0000
Contributor

SMA Adapter for PM3

With the proliferation of SDR platforms over the past 6+ years there are more options than ever for antennas.

Is anyone aware of adapters for handling hooking up a 50ohm antenna with an SMA connector to the classic Proxmark3?

I've read some pas threads (http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=122) discussing this but in each case it's a beautiful and unique snowflake someone has built.

From a usability perspective it would be nice to have it hook up via the Hirose connector, but ultimately I'm open to whatever options folks could suggest (pogo pins on test points, a different PM3 model, etc).

The use case is actually to (VERY slowly) begin looking into different frequency ranges. I've been having a lot of success with the CF-5102 / LJYZN-105 units, but foresee some additional benefits which could come from more in-depth signal processing.

#2 2019-12-06 05:51:59

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: SMA Adapter for PM3

I guess you would need to build a converter,  that has hirose / SMA to fit to it.   OR MMXC/SMA  or USB/SMA depending on your Proxmark3 device.  The RDV4 has screws on pcb.  There is no unified antenna connector in the Pm3 ecosystem I'm afraid.

Board footer