Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-11-23 12:43:12

Gambrius
Contributor
Website

readability of ISO15693 Tags with different Repos

Hallo,

I realized by playing around with the different Repos (Official and  Iceman, either as Stable or as HEAD (latest) Version), that there is a signifficant change in correct position of the card to reader wether the card is readable or not.

With the Iceman Repos it is a juggling game of finding the correct position of the chip to the reader field, to get a correct communication between the proxmark and an ISO15693 Card established. Most of the time the communication stops in the middle of a dump, because of "bad reception" I guess.

The behaviour is totally different with the official Repo in the stable Version. The proxmark3 is much more forgiving regarding the position of the tag to the reader. But this changes as soon as the HEAD (latest) Version of the official Repo is used. In this case it is as difficult / bad to position the tag towards the reader as in the iceman repo.

Does anyone know why this is like it is? Or does anyone know what the the significant change within the different Repos is?

@Iceman: Could you please take a look into it wether this can be taken over from the official repo, that the readability is as good as in the official repo. Otherwise I really like the Iceman Repo with all its features, but for the dumps of an IOS15693 Tag it is not really reliable to use.

Regards,
Gambrius

#2 2019-11-23 16:08:11

piwi
Contributor

Re: readability of ISO15693 Tags with different Repos

Which Proxmark version do you use? With which commit did the issue appear in the official repo? Which function of the Iceman repo do you miss in the official repo?

#3 2019-11-23 21:47:39

Gambrius
Contributor
Website

Sorry should have mentioned this in my post.
I am using the Proxmark3easy with 512k.

I started using the Official Repo and switched over to Iceman Repo because of the missing iso15_magic.lua script. Even after copying it over to the Official Repo it did not really work for me (ended up with un UID 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00). In addition the snoop function for iso15 cards was not present.

I tried the following Repos:

Official Repo - STABEL
+  --> good card reception, position of card is no hassle
-  --> iso15_magic.lua Script does not work properly
-  --> snoop function not available

Official Repo - HEAD (latest)
-  --> bad card reception, hitting sweetspot for card positioning is almost impossible
-  --> iso15_magic.lua Script does not work properly
-  --> snoop function not available

Iceman Repo - HEAD (latest)
-  --> bad card reception, hitting sweetspot for card positioning is almost impossible
+ --> iso15_magic.lua Script runs perfectly
+ --> snoop function available

Hope that helps to understand my issue.

Regards,
Gambrius

#4 2019-11-24 12:55:20

iceman
Administrator
Website

One of these days when Piwis changes has become stable,  we will port it over to RRG/Iceman repo. 

I still recommend using RRG/Iceman repo instead of the now deprecated Iceman fork.
See https://github.com/RfidResearchGroup/pr … ameters.md for instructions how to compile it to your Proxmark3 device.

Once you tested RRG/Iceman you can report back how you find it. You don't need the lua-script any longer wink

#5 2019-11-24 13:01:50

piwi
Contributor

This is still quite confusing. The latest official reads ISO15693 tags (I tested with a TI2048) reliably at a distance between 0 and 5cm even with a Proxmark3 Easy Clone. The 'hf 15 snoop' function exists and works as well. ?????

The iso15_magic.lua script relies on functions which had to be restricted in order to prevent the RDV4 from overheating. It therefore has been replaced by the 'hf 15 csetuid' function in the official repo.

#6 2019-11-24 13:33:17

iceman
Administrator
Website

As mentioned earlier, once Piwi's code stablize,  we will have a look at what is possible to reuse.

#7 2019-11-24 17:17:56

Gambrius
Contributor
Website

OK, again not detailed enough by me.
With Iceman Repo I was reffering to the RRG Repo.

Tonight, I am going over the Repos again, making sure following above mentioned procedure and will verify for the mentioned features.
I was aware of the overheating problem with the RDV4, was not aware that the csetuid was available in the official repo.

I tried to install the RRG/Iceman Stable with the brew setup on my MAC, but ended up with the following error message:

Error: rfidresearchgroup/proxmark3/proxmark3 is a head-only formula

Thats why i only tried the HEAD Version. (I set the parameter to PM3OTHER before)

I will report back after I tested the mentioned steps tonight.

#8 2019-11-24 18:49:31

iceman
Administrator
Website

homebrew has its issues,   you will need to pull head,  even then ppl seem to have issues when compiling with pm3other.  They solve it by cloning repo and compile themselfs.  That is however another subject.  Feel free to start an issue over the GH with your findings.

Board footer