Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-07-28 19:55:30

hackmaster
Contributor

Docker & /dev/ttyACM0 not Found

Hi guys,

I need some helps. I am used to work with pm3 and iceman fork using docker container.
I normally start with:
docker run -it --device="/dev/ttyACM0"  iceman1001/proxmark3:1.7.0
and everythinks worked fine. But now i am receiving this error:
"error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/ttyACM0": no such file or directory"

even if the proxmark usb device is successfully attached in VM interface.

I have already formatted the pc and reinstalled windows 10 and docker toolbox (last Version), but, I am receiveng the same error.

This configuration was working like a charm in the past. I cannot understand why.

Could you helpe me on this guys?

Last edited by hackmaster (2019-07-28 19:58:16)

#2 2019-07-29 19:56:17

hackmaster
Contributor

Re: Docker & /dev/ttyACM0 not Found

Up

#3 2019-07-29 21:49:04

iceman
Administrator
Website

??  if your problem has resolved itsefl,  do take the time to edit your first post and add prefix [solved]  to your title/subject

#4 2019-07-30 06:00:05

hackmaster
Contributor

Iceman.. the problem is still going on. Never resolved. I need help.

#5 2019-08-21 18:41:21

weasnerb
Contributor

@hackmaster what os are you running? Just curious because I am having the same issue and I am running Arch Linux. I have been trying to get the docker container to work on my machine as the proxmark3 package has been flagged out of date and one of its dependencies (devkitarm) fails to build on my machine and I haven't figured out why yet.

I am trying to run docker natively as a service on my host instead of on a virtualbox vm and pass the device into the container and I get the same error. I have tried other options that have been stated online to fix this issue, using the --privileged flag as well as mounting the /dev folder. While /dev/ttyAMC0 does show up when you list the contents of /dev inside the container, it seems that the group ownership does not translate properly and I get an error saying that /dev/ttyAMC0 could not be found or is not a serial device.

#6 2019-08-22 06:52:46

iceman
Administrator
Website

lets see,  you are running docker inside a vmware environment?  and you have issues with usb.

#7 2019-08-23 01:08:11

weasnerb
Contributor

No, I am running docker using containerd for the docker containerization and systemd for the start and stopping of the service on my bare-metal installed linux os (Arch). I have no issues with running docker images and mounting folders within those running containers, however I am having issues with the usb. I realize that this is probably more of a question for the docker repo than it is for here as it is docker that is not passing through my proxmark3 correctly.

I noticed that on your docker image page, the youtube videos you had were utilizing docker-machine/boot-2-docker on a vm. I didn't think I needed to go the same route as you did because, as I previously stated, I can pass in and mount volumes from my host inside my container. Do you think that I need to install docker-machine/boot-2-docker on a vm to get this to work?

#8 2019-08-23 13:51:52

iceman
Administrator
Website

I have not suggestion,  it was several years ago I did something with docker.  Which can be told by the v1.7 of iceman inside it. smile
During the time I did,  docker env was changed weekly,  so maybe  it became more stable and I am quite sure you do it differently today.

Maybe time for someone to make a new image from the latest docker version.

Board footer