Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-05-09 12:47:19

TamablePumpkin
Contributor

[RDV4.0] Antenna Interface Mechanical and Electrical Specs

just purchased an RDV4 to program a glass tag in my hand, and everything I've read is that the antenna is going to couple to this poorly. I was wondering where I can find mechanical drawings for the RF interfaces and maybe the max voltage and current the new front end can deal with so i can wind a different shaped antenna while i wait for USPS and international shipping?

cheers

Brendan

#2 2019-05-12 10:11:27

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: [RDV4.0] Antenna Interface Mechanical and Electrical Specs

reading glasschips is usually ok,   the writing of t55xx would need to find the sweet spot direct over the implant and antenna. 
@tomharkness wrote a lengthy post on Dangerous things forum about this.   

As a sidenote, the new improved LF antenna for RDV40 will be up for sale the 15th of May.
Its not the max voltage you want,  that would be around 140v,   what you want is a lower Q value in order for the tag to respond to the PWM commands when writing. 

The user @anticat,  added a resistor to the current LF dual antenna and lowered its Q with good results.
and to mention, use the latest source from the RRG repo. Its much better now and solves for decoding problems with LF.

Board footer