Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2018-06-21 11:49:18

ImSchatten360
Contributor

Hello!

Hello,

I got my Proxmark already quite some time ago. However, I was busy with other projects and never really got started.
Just a few days ago this changed. I spent quite some time searching the forum and the web to understand how different kind of tags operate.
At the moment I have two projects:

(1) Mifare Classic
(2) Legic Prime

The Mifare project is the perfect first project. Cloning was not an issue but it really helped me to get my head around some of the functions of the Proxmark and how to use it. I think an easy first challenge is always nice to stay motivated and get some immediate positive feedback. Some sectors on the card are empty and some store data. I know what some of them are used for but unfortunately some are still a mystery.  Hope this changes soon.

The Legic Prime project seems to be a more challenging one. I have the content of a few access control tags (in my case only the first 16 bytes hold data) but simulating them with the Proxmark does not work. I found a few threads where people talked about timing and stuff. I think to understand this part I need to dig deeper.

Cheers

ImSchatten360

#2 2018-06-21 12:01:27

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Hello!

Welcome and I suggest you read http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1125 as an introduction.

Board footer