Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2017-12-17 12:18:00

Heru
Contributor

iclass gold class

I have 2 n00b questions concerning iclass.

I'm assuming HID Gold Class is an Elite system, Can someone confirm? Or this type of system can be configured as a legacy?

elite.jpg

#2 2017-12-17 20:38:07

carl55
Contributor

Re: iclass gold class

The GoldClass readers are sold by an Australian company by the name of ISCS. These readers are simply re-labeled HID iClass readers that have been re-programmed (by ISCS) to use a custom high security authentication key. If you look at the ISCS website, the company appears to be no longer selling this reader product line. However, their iclass credential product page does seem to indicate that you can still order cards and fobs programmed with the unique "Gold Class" customer codes.

Although the Gold Class readers were originally sold as high security/Elite readers, there is no reason that they can't be re-programmed to function as a normal (Standard security) iclass readers. I myself have done this numerous times in the past. To do so you need to use a HID "Reset" configuration card that was specifically programmed to work with that particular Gold Class key.
The "reset" card will force a reload of all the factory default reader parameters, causing the reader to now operate in a normal standard security mode that uses the HID Master authentication key.

#3 2017-12-19 00:23:42

Heru
Contributor

Thanks Carl55

#4 2017-12-25 23:30:50

s0prise
Contributor

Hey Heru, did you end up having much luck with sim 2 and these readers?

My bad luck may be due to the r10 Rev B/C? or bad hf/timings

#5 2017-12-29 07:05:20

Heru
Contributor

hi bud, No, I didn't really need it to attack it , I was just curious, that is all

Board footer