Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-11-18 20:16:15

tprk77
Contributor

Hello world

Hi everyone.

I'm a SW engineer on the East coast. I like to do tech projects in my free time, if I ever have any. I'm interested in the Proxymark for two reasons. First, I want to learn more about RFID. My apartment building recently switched from tumbler locks to RFID locks, and I want to know how vulnerable we are, say, compared to me using a lock pick. Second, because I'm into embedded systems. So that's about it.

I'm looking into buying a  Proxmark3. Is there a buying guide somewhere? I can't find one. I was thinking about buying the RDV2 from Elechouse, but I read somewhere that it's not open source, which is kind of a deal breaker because I want to poke around the firmware. Do I need the "original" version?

Thanks!

#2 2016-11-18 20:51:30

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Hello world

Welcome to the forums!

and the source code for the device & client is open source,  you can buy which modell you want.

#3 2016-11-18 21:20:40

tprk77
Contributor

Ok, I found the site where I read that.

https://proxmark3.com/products/elechouse-proxmark3

Unfortunately, this version is not open source at the moment but a schematic for its predecessor, the RDV1 is available online.

So I'm guessing that page is out of date.

#4 2016-11-19 09:04:24

iceman
Administrator
Website

Na, the hardware schematics (pcb layout etc) on RDV2.0 is not open-source,  however it still uses the same firmware as the other ones.  it uses the same open source firmware. You're good to fiddle with it as much as you please.

Board footer