Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-10-01 06:50:34

cjbrigato
Contributor

Proxmark FPGA's bits from a C64 comaker !

Hello dears,

This message is directly toward the the FPGA's understers here, as I got nowhere more on this things I'm noob on beyond the very first antenna's Circuitry FPGA's "powerknowing" thingy.

Have luck here with a friend that he have a former C64 codeveloper, hardware and software, I can't remember the Whole name but Dennis D... >_<  , and he's just between here and garage multiplying FPGA's and unfindable component command in my shop, talking and making both machine of the total past (just like seeing old collection car, he brings to life devices from the past with totally same hardware) and machine he think as it comes , in a way I would smoke a cigarette.

What is, from the FPGA's proxmark dev or just knowers the state of the FPGA code ? What could or is to be bought on, or corrected, or optimized greatly, (if anything possible) from a man wich works on FPGA's since first FPGA's ?

Hoping for some Miracle of getting responses on this x)

#2 2016-10-01 07:37:39

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Proxmark FPGA's bits from a C64 comaker !

Regretfully the FGPA source is to me totally unknown.  The ones I know who do work on it is @piwi @holiman @izsh et al.

#3 2016-10-01 10:13:11

cjbrigato
Contributor

Iceman, do you have even memories of the fpga code being sais "needing" something ?
As this is unique occasion, still it could just no be needed of usefull ,and I don't want to annoy a FPGA coder about what this fpga coder may do.
This is me thinking that FPGA coders are rare and unknown people, just like him the round and blue C64 cannot talk of his code and has to make very subtile metaphor to express idea in such a way it is no saying this for FPGA or CPLD logic.

#4 2016-10-02 11:19:55

iceman
Administrator
Website

It would be nice to have some kind of documentation of the fpga code. What it does and how it does it.  So it will be easier to write new mod/demod codes.  It has filters for LF but I don't know if the HF part has that kind of signal cleaning.  Might be needed?

#5 2016-10-02 12:25:22

iceman
Administrator
Website

And of course, a simple dev env setup guide or vmware image/docker container where it uses the latest xilin SDK?

#6 2016-10-03 01:58:41

cjbrigato
Contributor

Thanks Iceman.

As I understand, FPGA code is so much of Mysticism to us, the most profitable way of having this guy avaiable is to see him as fasttrack pathway to understand it, and then share as much as possible to make it something we can work on later.

It's ok for me, hoping I'll be able to do anything near than that, since He'll have to start from 0 with me.

#7 2016-10-03 07:00:24

iceman
Administrator
Website

There is some explaining texts in the source files but I for one has of understanding the different code paths available in FPGA.

#8 2016-10-03 07:08:22

cjbrigato
Contributor

Yes, and since there is that big gap between one which has not, and one which has understanding, and since no clear and sure information are enough to get the most from his point of view, I have no choice but abuse his time to have occasion of fast-learning how to make that gap as thinner as possible still having him doing that by in a way or another reading PM3 FPGA's bit. wink

#9 2016-10-03 07:11:20

iceman
Administrator
Website

One thing that I struggle with is that for some HF paths,  you should send bits one-by-one to get the right modulation out at 106,  but when sometimes its x4 or x8.  I know that it has to do with the communication speed of the tag but still very confusing since its not consistent.

#10 2016-10-03 07:33:31

cjbrigato
Contributor

Ah, that, is what I call Something definitely wanted to be answered, at least. Thanks !!

Board footer