Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-08-12 03:22:31

Erictsk
Contributor

Product "HACKID" by unicorn.360.cn

Hi,

I came across some guys from China is selling a product, "HACKID", during the DEFCON24.
According to them, you can enter the EM410x ID directly using on-board keypad provided, and it will act as a EM410 card. Anyone try this product before?

Dont know how to paste the image in this blog. You can access unicorn.360.cn for more info.

Do note that I am not a employee from this company and I dont earn commission from them smile

Eric.

#2 2016-08-12 08:31:27

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Product "HACKID" by unicorn.360.cn

[moved]  these questions fits under here.

And no, I'vent heard about it.

#3 2016-08-13 08:10:20

wintersoldier
Contributor

It is limited to replicating the ID number of EM410x cards only (you can also do unique if you remember to swap the bits around and enter the numbers in EM410 form). 

The only advantage I saw was creating card numbers on the fly without a computer and wires.  Could be a useful tool for red teaming? But then I have not seen this much in the wild, only in hobbit electronics kits; and a few small businesses, but the majority i see these days are Mifare,HID,iClass,Cotag, and ioProx

They had two models if my memory is correct , a cheaper model with buttons ($80-100 USD), and a pricier one ($120-$150) that spoke to an android phone over bluetooth.

My mate asked me if he should buy one (caveat: he wants to play with different cards and formats), I told him to save his money as for $300 he could get a proxmark (HF & LF) or under $100 he could get an RFIDler (LF but multiple formats) due to him wanting the ability to play with multiple cards.

For red teaming, I'm more a fan of bump, capture, clone/ copy to T5577.  I would not want to be possibly caught with an electronic gadget.

Edit: Looking at the website, they appear to be copying several items from www.GreatscottGadgets.com (Michael Ossman)

Last edited by wintersoldier (2016-08-13 08:26:01)

#4 2016-08-15 02:07:35

Erictsk
Contributor

Thanks IceMan and WinterSoldier.
I should change my name to one of the superhero in order to be in sync with you guys. smile

#5 2016-09-21 01:42:21

Exploitagency
Contributor
Website

Aw man... I just bought an extra yardstick one for some jam/replay automated attacks like samy's rolljam... When I could have got a hacksubghz knockoff for probably $5.  I noticed every item they were selling was a clone of something else.  But I really like Chinese clones, sometimes they add extra features and they are always affordable.

Board footer