Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-10-13 12:18:59

elektryk
Contributor

OpenPICC, where to buy?

Hello everybody
I am interested in purchasing OpenPICC. It looks like it is obsolete and discontinued. I will consider any offer, it may be unfinished or even pcb only. Email me if have something to sell.

#2 2009-10-13 14:47:57

TomBu
Contributor
Website

Re: OpenPICC, where to buy?

Hi elektryk,

I'm working on Mikey card, something that you could see as an alternative of OpenPICC. In this Phase1, it's basically the PN532 chip of NXP combined with an Atmel processor. IMHO that's very similar to the OpenPICC. This Spin2 will not have any PCB antenna's. Spin3 will probably have antenna's.

This Friday I'll start with soldering the first prototype. Some mistakes have already been discovered in this design of the board. SAM-BA will probably not work without some soldering. So you'll have to program your firmware with JTAG.

Mikey it's an active project that continues to develop. Your contributions are highly appreciated. Maybe other members of this board can inform you of the status and performance of OpenPICC.

Have a look and see if Mikey might be a viable solution.
Go to:
www.mikeycard.org
blog.mikeycard.org

Regards,
Tom

#3 2009-10-13 21:47:22

elektryk
Contributor

TomBu wrote:

I'm working on Mikey card, something that you could see as an alternative of OpenPICC.

It looks nice, but I have few question:
1. Is firmware ready? Does it currently support ISO 14443 snifing?
2. When PCB will be ready?
3. What will be the price for PCB and vital components (like ARM, NXP interface, some semiconductors)?

#4 2009-10-14 09:28:48

TomBu
Contributor
Website

elektryk wrote:
TomBu wrote:

I'm working on Mikey card, something that you could see as an alternative of OpenPICC.

It looks nice, but I have few question:
1. Is firmware ready? Does it currently support ISO 14443 snifing?
2. When PCB will be ready?
3. What will be the price for PCB and vital components (like ARM, NXP interface, some semiconductors)?

Thanks,
1. No firmware in place at all. LibNFC will be used. Maybe some RTOS. Suggestions and help welcome. :-)

2. Yes, the PCB is ready and I also have a stainless steel stencil. Which should make soldering / baking in the toaster oven easier.

3. I don't have a price in mind. On the Mikey site, in Spin2 of Phase1 you can find a XLS with the price of each component. If you want one I'll sell them at cost (plus postage of course). You figure it out what it should be.

Remark 1:
I did not order alot of JTAG interfaces because they are expensive. And I didn't order any batteries at all for the same reason. I figure I could use an old Nokia or something similar.

Remark 2:
Since the PN532 and the Atmel are both QFN  I think you might want to consider me baking them on the board for you. Or tell me how you think you might do it. I have no experience with soldering so would love to hear your tips.

Cheers,
Tom

#5 2009-10-15 01:59:47

d18c7db
Contributor

#6 2009-10-15 14:34:03

elektryk
Contributor

TomBu wrote:

1. No firmware in place at all. LibNFC will be used. Maybe some RTOS. Suggestions and help welcome. :-)

Thats not good for me. I am looking for something that have minimal functionality. Maybe in future I will also participate in some software development but not now. Do you have some schedule of software development.

TomBu wrote:

Remark 1:
I did not order alot of JTAG interfaces because they are expensive. And I didn't order any batteries at all for the same reason. I figure I could use an old Nokia or something similar.

For me batteries are not important. What do you mean JTAG interface, just JTAG connector or whole programmer/debuger? I have currently tested few implementation of JTAG programmers based on FT2323 (with openOCD) and with ATMEL ARM they are working very good.

TomBu wrote:

Remark 2:
Since the PN532 and the Atmel are both QFN I think you might want to consider me baking them on the board for you. Or tell me how you think you might do it. I have no experience with soldering so would love to hear your tips.

There are two ways:
1. standard version. use fluid solder and hotair, needs some equipment ($$$)
2. at home version. Put chips directly on PCB (without glue, flux, etc), take small drop of solder on soldering tip and solder the edge of QFN to the PCB. I made this operation few times with success.

For my point of view if QFNs will be soldered by some kind of trained person I would prefer soldered version, if not I will prefer to get everything loose.

#7 2009-10-16 08:49:47

TomBu
Contributor
Website

elektryk wrote:
TomBu wrote:

Remark 1:

For me batteries are not important. What do you mean JTAG interface, just JTAG connector or whole programmer/debuger? I have currently tested few implementation of JTAG programmers based on FT2323 (with openOCD) and with ATMEL ARM they are working very good.

Sorry for the confusion. I mean the physical connector (receptical) on the board. It's 11,25 Euro and that ridiculously expensive for just some plastic and wire. In comparison, for the ARM I pay 6,12 Euro.

elektryk wrote:
TomBu wrote:

Remark 2:
Since the PN532 and the Atmel are both QFN I think you might want to consider me baking them on the board for you. Or tell me how you think you might do it. I have no experience with soldering so would love to hear your tips.

There are two ways:
1. standard version. use fluid solder and hotair, needs some equipment ($$$)
2. at home version. Put chips directly on PCB (without glue, flux, etc), take small drop of solder on soldering tip and solder the edge of QFN to the PCB. I made this operation few times with success.

For my point of view if QFNs will be soldered by some kind of trained person I would prefer soldered version, if not I will prefer to get everything loose.

I've bought a hot air rework station, a toaster oven and also some solder paste. Crossing my fingers and hope for the best.

Cheers,
Tom

#8 2009-10-16 17:20:26

elektryk
Contributor

TomBu wrote:

I mean the physical connector (receptical) on the board. It's 11,25 Euro and that ridiculously expensive for just some plastic and wire. In comparison, for the ARM I pay 6,12 Euro.

Which one is JTAG? P3? It looks like standard 0.1" header which will cost few cents.

Another question is what version of PCB are you currently assembling? Spin 2 or Spin 3?

#9 2009-10-19 02:57:39

d18c7db
Contributor

Maybe not quite cents but a 2x10 pin .1" shrouded header like Digi-Key Part Number 609-1776-ND is only $1.50USD

#10 2009-10-19 11:23:49

elektryk
Contributor

d18c7db wrote:

Maybe not quite cents but a 2x10 pin .1" shrouded header like Digi-Key Part Number 609-1776-ND is only $1.50USD

I was thinking about non-gold plated it costs near 15 euro cents.

#11 2009-10-19 12:17:57

TomBu
Contributor
Website

elektryk wrote:
d18c7db wrote:

I was thinking about non-gold plated it costs near 15 euro cents.

Damned!
I ordered Digi-Key Part Number A26580-ND and that's at the moment 7,83.
Seems like I've been screwed, royally. (didn't enjoy it) sad
elektryk, do you have a part number? Thanks for the info though.

Kind regards,
Tom

#12 2009-10-19 13:00:27

djrevmoon
Contributor

@elektryk: If you want you can buy my openpicc. I have one floating around.....

Board footer