Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-09-08 04:29:03

d18c7db
Contributor

Eclipse IDE

Apologies if I'm preaching to the converted but I thought I'd spread the good word for those who haven't discovered this great IDE (Integrated Development Enviromnent).

Normally I've had and overall bad experience with Java based apps, they were too flakey or bloated or slow or crashed too much, etc. So it was with some reluctance that I installed Eclipse, mainly because after some research, it seems it is the IDE to use when it comes to code development. I must say I was pleasantly surprised, the install is, well, unzip the archive into a directory and you're done. Then just run Eclipse. Can't get much simpler.

As an IDE it's great in that it fully indexes your project so you can do stuff like hover over keywords like function name for example and a popup will show you the source code definition of the function, or you can highllight a keyword and hit F3 which takes you straigh to the definition of that in your project. As an IDE it lives up to its purpose and it's very easy to use once you find out where all the options are. Click on pictures below for larger versions.

This is what it looks like inside the IDE with a project open, while hovering the mouse over FormatVersionInformation the large tooltip appears.
3899122264_3f2792b2de_m.jpg

The great power of this IDE is that it can be easily extended by auxiliary programs, for example installing Yagarto, a free ARM toolchain, will let you compile the proxmark source code, then with minimal setup you can have the ARM debugger at hand to assist with debugging your project. OpenOCD also fits in nicely into Eclipse letting you access the hardware (the proxmark board) via JTAG so you can single step through your code running on the board itself, access the memory and registers, set breakpoints, etc.

And this is an actual debugging session in progress
3898341721_e254248fcd_m.jpg

If you're interested in setting this up, cruise over to http://www.yagarto.de/ where there are links to download all the free components that you need to make this work. There is also a link there to a very detailed set of instruction on setting it all up from zero to hero and running the examples included.

#2 2009-09-08 09:02:51

TomBu
Contributor
Website

Re: Eclipse IDE

Great!

Maybe something that can be added to the manual, here?

Board footer