Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2014-05-14 18:14:17

MilkThief
Contributor

DON'T buy from XFPGA/GeZhi Electronic Co.Ltd. or "Laser" on this forum

Hi all, I want to tell my bad experience with XFPGA/GeZhi Electronic Co.Ltd. in order to avoid to you to fall into the same trap.
I know some users of this forum experienced good shopping with XFPGA but I want to tell mine and I think you can see the reliability of a seller when they are problems to solve, not when things are going well!

The first time I received the PM3 board, I discovered it has some defects (here the post), I did a teamviewer (plus skype) session with the seller. The seller tried some commands and said "Sorry, it is a hardware problem, I will replace, send it back to us".
I've sent back that board and paid USD 10,05 for the expedition.
Because of a seller's fault (he didn't write "replacement" on the expedition documents) I paid customs for the second board the seller sent to me, I paid USD 50.62.
The second board I received has a worse damage, totally not working (in the same tread you will see the RF part was not working). Again a teamviewer session, with skype and webcam for a better analisys. Again the seller said "damage during transport, I will replace".
After a week the seller said he doesn't want to replace the item, he wants give me money back, but the board value only, and only after he received the board back.

So I paid:

1. the PM3 kit: USD 242.00
2. first customs: USD 50.62
3. first shipping cost for return: USD 10.05
4. second customs: USD 50.62
5. second shipping cost for return: USD 10.05 (not yet paid)
Total USD 363.34

Of course, the first customs is a cost I don't dispute, but is related to the having a PM3, I don't have a PM3!
The seller wants to refund USD 242.00 only, and he claims I lose USD 121.34 for having nothing in my hands.
It is not honest because it was a not mine fault!!!
I think it is my right to have a working PM3 or have a total refund (item purchase + 2x customs + 2x return shipping).
I proposed that I would have given up the 70 dollars (1x custom and 2x return shippping) in exchange for having a working board, but he didn't agreed: USD 242.00 only and only after he received the second PM3 back (the first is just in his hands).

It's not my fault if the seller ships with not appropriate packaging or if his boards are more fragile than normal. He can avoid that problem shipping insured or improving the packaging. I cannot pay for other's faults!
I'd like to request to the proxmark.org site webmaster Kali, to remove the link to the site of this dishonest seller from proxmark.org.
Hope this post will be useful to all the newbie like me that needs to choose where to get a PM3!
Thank you!

#2 2014-05-14 19:09:55

asper
Contributor

Re: DON'T buy from XFPGA/GeZhi Electronic Co.Ltd. or "Laser" on this forum

I totally agree with you except for this:

It's not my fault if the seller ships with not appropriate packaging or if his boards are more fragile than normal. He can avoid that problem shipping insured or improving the packaging. I cannot pay for other's faults!

In my opinion seller must tell BEFORE shipping and buyer must ask BEFORE SHIPPING what conditions are within the shipping itself (type of shipping, type of packaging, insurance,  fargility, returns, etc.) because shipping is a quite critical part in a transaction where those kind items are involved; if you think that the seller's shipping/returning policies are not enough (secure, cheap, etc) for you, you must not buy from him; probably you have been "deceived" by other users'good experience.

For referral have a look at Gaucho's group buy experience; he was simply PERFECT in all process steps. This is how things should work.

I can only thank you for sharing your experience with us and I hope the seller will change your mind and help you some way.

Last edited by asper (2014-05-14 19:12:55)

#3 2014-05-14 23:11:14

0xFFFF
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that after all that you still don't have a PM3 MilkThief. Personally I decided to forgo the risk and went straight to http://www.proxmark3.com/. It's more expensive but I didn't need to worry about a thing. The team there are professional and helpful.

#4 2014-05-15 00:45:44

charliex
Contributor
Website

I wonder if everyone is sharing the same BOM, there is a lot of inconsistencies between the svn schematic and the actual built out proxmark3.

#5 2014-05-15 08:04:13

MilkThief
Contributor

Thank you 0xFFFF, to buy on proxmark3.com is exactly what I will do. The reason I've choose XFPGA is italian customs: if a parcel comes from China, you pay and you have it in your hands in 2 days, if it comes from US, you wait 15 days, then you receive a communication (via ordinary mail), you have to send the invoice, then you wait another 15 days, then you pay and have your items. It is a neanderthal procedure, not the only one we have here... :-(

Asper, I agree with you about the expedition, in fact, because on the site you cannot find a complete "return policies" guide or details on expeditions, I asked via mail then I choose DHL instead EMS. I buy every day from china and know the difference between the two services (I suppose you, too). I'm sure to have done the best on my side. This make me more angry.
Especially for the second shipment I asked him to test the board before shipping and package it better in a hard box (not the small carton). It arrived in the same box of the previous, more, with moisture inside. Evidently the email direct agreements and policies written on the site are not worth to them...

#6 2014-05-15 08:18:09

0xFFFF
Administrator

You're welcome smile
It might be worth your while speaking with the proxmark3.com guys before you place your order. They might be able to help you out / speed things up somehow?
It's not a bad thing, just something to be aware of - proxmark3.com build and test their units before shipping (which is great!) but the last time I checked, they were still shipping with an old build (pre USB-CDC).

#7 2014-05-15 08:59:13

MilkThief
Contributor

0xFFFF wrote:

the last time I checked, they were still shipping with an old build (pre USB-CDC).

What do you mean with "build"?
If firmware, the first time I'll turn it on, I'll upgrade it. The hardware should be the same, or not?
If hardware, it could be a problem...
I'd like to build it myself (ordering the pcb only on a service), but I have no equipment for solding the smallest ICs... So it would become more complicated than desired. :-)

#8 2014-05-15 13:07:16

0xFFFF
Administrator

MilkThief wrote:
0xFFFF wrote:

the last time I checked, they were still shipping with an old build (pre USB-CDC).

What do you mean with "build"?
If firmware, the first time I'll turn it on, I'll upgrade it. The hardware should be the same, or not?
If hardware, it could be a problem...
I'd like to build it myself (ordering the pcb only on a service), but I have no equipment for solding the smallest ICs... So it would become more complicated than desired. :-)

I was referring to firmware. The hardware is the 'standard' / same Proxmark 3 design.

#9 2014-05-15 17:02:49

MilkThief
Contributor

Ah, ok, so in 3 minutes I will upgrade it to the latest subversion/git version...

#10 2015-02-21 02:51:30

kwaka10r

THIS IS A WARNING ABOUT GeZhi Electronic Co.Ltd.

Hope you guys don't mind me posting this here. This forum thread is high up on the Google hits for GeZhi Electronic Co.Ltd.

MODERATORS: I respectively request that you leave this post here. I know it is not relevant to Proxmark type cards but it very very relevant to a vendors honesty and reliability.

I'd like to tell you that this guy will rip you off on the iClass cloner.

A friend of mine bought one recently and it couldn't copy the iClass 2000 cards. This guy who goes by the names, Michael Huang, Jolin Yung on Youtube, and possibly "zhi ling weng" with the email address wengzhiling2010@gmail.com.

As I was saying his machine couldn't copy the iClass cards. It could read them but wouldn't show lines 5 through to 9 like he describes in his Youtube video.

His excuse was they were high security and his system only copies standard security. However I said to him that the card we were trying to copy we already had a clone of. My friend was able for a long time to have iClass cards copied and decided to try and do it them self by purchasing the GeZhi Electronic Co.Ltd. iClass cloner.

Anyway, when asked why it was possible to have cards copied by someone else but  the GeZhi Electronic Co.Ltd. iClass cloner wouldn't copy the same card, there was no explanation.

Michael Huang said to send it back for a refund, still blaming my friend for not understanding it would only do standard security cards.

So my friend sent the package back and now he won't refund the money.

So first off, he says his product can copy iClass cards when it cannot and ripps you off. Then he says he will do a refund and if you take the gamble and return the goods he weill rip you off asecond time.

That would probably explain why the so called HID 5321 card scanner was a counterfeit copy and not original HID and why it was used and not new. Again another misrepresentation about products he sells.

So this post is a warning - BUYER BEWARE.

#11 2015-02-21 03:07:05

kwaka10r

I'd also like to add another name that I don't think was previously mentioned.

He asked that the Western Union payment be made out to "JIN WANG HUANG".

This guy seems to have many names.

#12 2015-02-21 11:04:01

holiman
Contributor

The "excuse" may be legit. The copier is probably provisiondäed with the leaked global standard key. Thus it cant copy elite tags. Anyone with the custom elite key can, though, so just because your friend has a copied one does not mean it's iclass standard. Where is that clone from?

#13 2015-02-21 14:14:01

app_o1
Contributor

What makes you think the reader he sent you is a counterfeit copy? You were able to read most lines of your card...
You spent 190$ on a reader that is worth 20$ on Ebay and on a software that is based on a source code that is available since 2011...
I don't see where it is the seller fault if you have no idea what you are doing.

Now, you paid with Western Union so it is going to be difficult to get your money. However, I have had the same situation as you with this seller. I got my money back in no time.

Last edited by app_o1 (2015-05-11 08:27:03)

#14 2015-02-22 14:00:36

kwaka10r

holiman, I am not sure I understand you. The cards that were copied are iClass 2000 type.

My understanding of high security was the system writes to the card, therefore making it impossible for a cloned card to track the original card. That is, whatever card is used first is written to by the system and therefore not identical to the other card. Standard security is read only.

I put the question to him but he never explained why.

I am not sure of this elite card classification.

He said send it back to him for a refund, but now won't answer if he received it or not.

The software and dongle was $190, the reader (non HID 5321 copy) was $78 plus 10 cards for $28 + shipping.

I'll send an email to you app_o1.

#15 2015-02-23 01:46:45

marshmellow
Contributor

Is it Chinese new year?  If yes they won't be available for a few weeks usually.

#16 2015-02-23 03:52:23

kwaka10r

The vendor is in email contact with me, his last email to me was 2 days ago and his exact response when I asked whether he had received the returned items was

"Your f*****g idiot and Douchebag."

#17 2015-02-23 09:51:52

iceman
Administrator
Website

He probably read this thread.

#18 2015-02-23 13:04:35

kwaka10r

Actually it was before I posted this. I gave him plenty of warning that if he didn't honour his word I would make his behaviour public. He has a chance to honour his word and redeem himself or not honour his word and earn a reputation.

You will see there is another person on Youtube that got burned also.

I am always a great believer in maintaining standards even when confronted with people of lower standards. If the opposite were true for the vast majority of people on this planet we would self destruct.

#19 2015-03-06 00:19:59

0xFFFF
Administrator

MilkThief, kwaka10r and any one else that has had experience dealing with GeZhi, could you please contact me?
I would like a history of the experiences people have had with this business.

#20 2015-03-06 01:08:56

iceman
Administrator
Website

I bought my first pm3 from GeZhi,  didn't have any problems.  Maybe I got lucky.

#21 2015-03-06 03:10:58

sambo
Contributor

I had no issue with XFPGA at the end of last year.  USD$242 for the kit, shipped with R651 firmware.

#22 2015-03-10 09:27:17

kwaka10r

0xFFFF wrote:

MilkThief, kwaka10r and any one else that has had experience dealing with GeZhi, could you please contact me?

Administrator, how do I do that? I can't see an option to PM you.

#23 2015-03-11 00:50:17

0xFFFF
Administrator

kwaka10r wrote:
0xFFFF wrote:

Administrator, how do I do that? I can't see an option to PM you.

You can't see my email address? I've sent a message to you instead.

#24 2015-03-11 03:01:28

marshmellow
Contributor

No email addresses can be seen despite the personal settings.  Maybe admins or moderators can but the rest of us can't.

#25 2015-03-11 04:24:06

0xFFFF
Administrator

marshmellow wrote:

No email addresses can be seen despite the personal settings.  Maybe admins or moderators can but the rest of us can't.

Oh. I'll try to keep that in mind.

#26 2015-03-18 10:00:02

kwaka10r

I sent emails to app_o1 and 0xFFFF but did not receive any replies.

Does anyone know this person with many names from GeZhi Electronic Co.Ltd. ?

Anyone have a photograph of him?

I go to Shenzhen at least twice a year on business, Guangzhou is just a stone throw away from Shenzhen. If I don't hear from him I might try and meet with him personally to discuss why he has stolen my money.

#27 2015-03-18 10:37:38

0xFFFF
Administrator

kwaka10r wrote:

I sent emails to app_o1 and 0xFFFF but did not receive any replies.

Sorry kwaka10r, email sent.

#28 2015-03-23 14:56:13

MilkThief
Contributor

0xFFFF wrote:

Hi, I can't see your email and no PM, please, provide it to me via PM.
Thank you.

#29 2015-03-24 02:50:27

0xFFFF
Administrator

MilkThief wrote:
0xFFFF wrote:

Hi, I can't see your email and no PM, please, provide it to me via PM.
Thank you.

I was going to ask questions about your experience with XFPGA. Initially I thought it would be a good idea to remove XFPGA from all of the proxmark, google code and github pages.
A better solution I think is to provide everyone with a feedback thread for each seller so others can buy with confidence (or tread carefully).

#30 2015-05-10 02:20:48

RadioActiv

I purchased a proxmark3, HF and LF antennas from xfpga and 10 test cards of both types for $246.00 USD overall (PayPal), no charges on top of that for DHL shipping or for customs.  I've had no problems with the unit, or with communications other than the firmware was a bit out of date, but it was easy to update.  He/they shipped it the next day from China, and it arrived in Arizona the next day for delivery.  A week or so later I also contacted him to order some writable HID Prox Cards and writable iClass cards and the price was reasonable, shipping cost the same as for the proxmark, and it was sent within a few days. 

The email/name I've been dealing with is xfpga@hotmail.com, Huang jinWang.  I went directly to their site for my order after getting the link to xfpga.com from the proxmark.org page...

#31 2015-05-10 09:39:58

MilkThief
Contributor

RadioActiv wrote:

I purchased a proxmark3, HF and LF antennas from xfpga and 10 test cards of both types for $246.00 USD overall (PayPal), no charges on top of that for DHL shipping or for customs.  I've had no problems with the unit, or with communications other than the firmware was a bit out of date, but it was easy to update.  He/they shipped it the next day from China, and it arrived in Arizona the next day for delivery.  A week or so later I also contacted him to order some writable HID Prox Cards and writable iClass cards and the price was reasonable, shipping cost the same as for the proxmark, and it was sent within a few days. 

The email/name I've been dealing with is xfpga@hotmail.com, Huang jinWang.  I went directly to their site for my order after getting the link to xfpga.com from the proxmark.org page...

You write this with 2 posts history (both posts are about xfpga) on your account. Let me have a doubt on:

a) you are an incredible lucky man, so skilled that you have nothing to say here than your mmarvellous experience with xfpga
b) you are xfpga and you registered here for disproving my bad experience and cheat someone else

Last edited by MilkThief (2015-05-10 16:59:49)

#32 2015-07-20 21:55:10

nfcopy
Contributor

#33 2016-02-24 04:43:01

trazodone
Contributor

I would like to buy second hand USB dongle for HID iclass software from xfpga but it is expensive. BTW I would like to try. Does anyone own it? I would like to buy from you if you considered it is useless. Please send me email nitirats@icloud.com
Thank you.

Board footer