Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2014-09-15 21:09:19

cody

SEEKING GROUP PURCHASE OF PM3 AND INTERESTING MODIFICATION QUESTION

ANYONE READ "HOW TO BUILD LOW COST EXTENDED RFID READER?  BY Ilan Kirschenbaum1 Avishai Wool2 8 May 2006...... I AM LOOKING FOR USER OF PM3 TO TELL ME IF THIS MODIFICATION HAS BEEN DONE AND IF ANYONE HAS DONE IT WITH SUCCESS.  IF NOT, I AM LOOKING TO JOIN GROUP PURCHASE OF A PM3 SO I CAN DO THESE MODIFICATIONS AS SHOWN IN THIS RESEARCH.... 

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS RESEARCH, ITS WORTH A REVIEW AS IT MAY APPLY TO YOUR PM3.   JUST A THOUGHT AS I AM ACTIVELY PURSUING THIS MOD OF THE PM3 AND HOPE OTHERS WILL JOIN ME.

CHEERS

CODY

#2 2014-09-16 01:00:16

0xFFFF
Administrator

Re: SEEKING GROUP PURCHASE OF PM3 AND INTERESTING MODIFICATION QUESTION

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING!!!!????

It would've been nice if you provided a link.

Are you proposing the addition of an external addon or an actual board modification?

Have you looked in to SDR?

#3 2014-09-16 04:44:21

cody

sorry i was so loud.  anyway i am seeking two things 1) people who have worked on these modifications to the pm3 - and 2) i am also seeking a single pm3 board to purchase and work these modifications to.  i see groups previously got together to purchase and wondering if there are any more out there.

cody

#4 2014-09-16 05:49:04

0xFFFF
Administrator

cody wrote:

sorry i was so loud.

No worries smile

1) I was going to invest time in this myself but decided to go down the SDR path instead. Partly because I have very little experience in RF.
There are a few experienced persons on the Proxmark forums who may be able to help you out.

2) gaucho has organised group buys in the past. I'd search for group buy threads and post in there.

#5 2014-09-18 02:58:20

cody

Don't you still need hardware with SDR?  ie to get a signal at any decent distance, one would need a power amp + antenna.  SDR would certainly help when tuning and back-scattering etc., is concerned...

Anyway, i will keep searching for people who have used this antenna boosting research and have applied it to RF modules - as the original experiment showed, there are several options for modules or rf with or with out SDR. 

cody

#6 2014-09-18 04:49:04

0xFFFF
Administrator

cody wrote:

Don't you still need hardware with SDR?  ie to get a signal at any decent distance, one would need a power amp + antenna.  SDR would certainly help when tuning and back-scattering etc., is concerned...

Anyway, i will keep searching for people who have used this antenna boosting research and have applied it to RF modules - as the original experiment showed, there are several options for modules or rf with or with out SDR. 

cody

In addition to the SDRs, I have a fist full of antennas, bias tees, up converters, etc...
For most cases they are not necessary.

The setup I have is more than double the price of a single Proxmark however.

Board footer