Proxmark3 developers community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.


"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-20 17:10:00

edo512
Contributor
Registered: 2008-10-07
Posts: 103

Linux toolchain: an automatic install script

Hi all,

  I spent time on this, more than I had expected, but it seems I have finally come up with a shell script which downloads and compiles a complete GCC toolchain which works for the Proxmark3. The various versions are:

  - GCC 4.3.0
  - g++ 4.3.0
  - binutils 2.18
  - newlib 1.16
  - insight 6.8

  I tested the script on an Ubuntu 8.10 machine, with gcc-4.3.2 as the native compiler on the machine (standard Ubuntu version).

  My initial tests indicate that the code generated by the toolchain actually works on the PM3 (what would be the point otherwise...).

  Now I would like to get a few people interested to test this further before I generally release the script. Please contact me if you'd like to help.

  BTW: also, we'll need the Makefiles to work on both Linux & Windows, don't know whether this is possible ?

Ed

Last edited by edo512 (2009-04-20 17:10:31)

Offline

#2 2009-06-16 14:20:45

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
From: UK
Registered: 2009-05-01
Posts: 203
Website

Re: Linux toolchain: an automatic install script

Having had a PM3 for some time now, but only just getting around to playing with it and finding I needed to do most stuff in Windows (yuk!), I'd be delighted to help!

Please send me your script and I'll see if I can get a toolchain going...

cheers,
Adam

Offline

#3 2009-06-18 14:47:29

edo512
Contributor
Registered: 2008-10-07
Posts: 103

Re: Linux toolchain: an automatic install script

adam@algroup.co.uk wrote:

Having had a PM3 for some time now, but only just getting around to playing with it and finding I needed to do most stuff in Windows (yuk!), I'd be delighted to help!

Please send me your script and I'll see if I can get a toolchain going...

cheers,
Adam


Hi Adam,

  You can get the script on this page, let me know how it works for you!

Offline

#4 2009-06-28 22:41:23

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
From: UK
Registered: 2009-05-01
Posts: 203
Website

Re: Linux toolchain: an automatic install script

I've updated 'install-gnuarm4.sh' in the repo (in the tools sub directory), so it now takes the target and build dirs as arguments, and also includes some of the options from stargo's build script... Component versions are:

  BINUTILS_VER="2.19.1"
  GCC_VER="4.3.3"
  GDB_VER="6.8"
  NEWLIB_VER="1.17.0"
  GMP_VER="4.2.4"
  MPFR_VER="2.4.1"
  INSIGHT_VER="6.8"

The resulting toolchain compiles the armsrc OK, but I've yet to test it on the PM3.

Offline

#5 2009-06-29 11:12:15

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
From: UK
Registered: 2009-05-01
Posts: 203
Website

Re: Linux toolchain: an automatic install script

I've now tested the toolchain more throughly and I have some good news and some bad news:

The bad news: building the current repo does not produce working code. sad

The good news: building stargo's code with this toolchain does produce working code and I also was able to glean a missing definition to sort out the linux flasher, so it's now possible to flash both old style bootloaders and the new button-press versions directly from linux... smile

So I guess that means all we need to do now is bring the repo into line with stargo's code and we'll have a working linux dev environment! smile smile

Offline

#6 2009-06-29 14:33:22

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
From: UK
Registered: 2009-05-01
Posts: 203
Website

Re: Linux toolchain: an automatic install script

... and with a little help from stargo we have lift off!

I'm very happy to report that the latest repo now has a working toolchain for linux which builds working code for the PM3!

Thanks stargo and Ed for the leg up!

Offline

#7 2009-06-29 22:25:14

edo512
Contributor
Registered: 2008-10-07
Posts: 103

Re: Linux toolchain: an automatic install script

adam@algroup.co.uk wrote:

... and with a little help from stargo we have lift off!

I'm very happy to report that the latest repo now has a working toolchain for linux which builds working code for the PM3!

Thanks stargo and Ed for the leg up!

Congrats! BTW I'm curious: my initial build script (which can be found on the manual page) worked fine (at least for me), did you have trouble with it? Was it a matter of versions?

Ed

Offline

#8 2009-06-30 09:37:54

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
From: UK
Registered: 2009-05-01
Posts: 203
Website

Re: Linux toolchain: an automatic install script

For some reason I didn't spot your reply on the 18th pointing me to the script until after I'd completed my version 10 days later!

However, I believe it's the same as the one in the google code repo anyway, which failed to build the gcc library due to missing GMP and MPFR.

Since I had to work on the script anyway, I decided to bring the versions up to date at the same time.

Apologies for not getting back to you directly.

Offline

#9 2009-06-30 09:43:38

edo512
Contributor
Registered: 2008-10-07
Posts: 103

Re: Linux toolchain: an automatic install script

adam@algroup.co.uk wrote:

For some reason I didn't spot your reply on the 18th pointing me to the script until after I'd completed my version 10 days later!

However, I believe it's the same as the one in the google code repo anyway, which failed to build the gcc library due to missing GMP and MPFR.

Since I had to work on the script anyway, I decided to bring the versions up to date at the same time.

Apologies for not getting back to you directly.

  No problem, on my side I also never spotted the initial build script that was contributed even longer ago and had to come up with my own version... All a matter of communication I guess :-) The good news is that we now have good toolchain building scripts, and that wasn't an easy task.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB