Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2008-11-21 00:33:31

Shaan

Proxmark 4?

Hey,
i was wondering has synergy systems been able to make the proxmark 4? and if so is he going to gpl the files such as gerbers etc or no? and also i think i saw a post ith roel stating he had created PCB antennas and so forth..

#2 2008-11-21 08:29:20

rule

Re: Proxmark 4?

heh, yeah I think the proxmark4 is still in the brainstorm stage. You can help if you want.

The PCB antenna howto is coming soon. I'm receiving my new proxmarks within a few weeks.

#3 2009-04-03 04:32:01

d18c7db
Contributor

Hey I just saw this in an Elektor ad and it got me thinking it might be a good base for a new PM4. Click on picture for official site and all the details.
stm32primer.jpg
Essentially it's a small (cell phone sized) portable device with a touch LCD screen, joystick, battery including charger via USB, accelerometer, audio codecs, etc and it comes with a case (enclosure). Additionally it seems pretty open in terms of C compiler, datasheets and has an expansion bus.

It seems to be available through Digikey for $100 which might make it ideal for a prebuilt ready to go platform. This means that a possible PM4 implementation could be built as a plug-in card for this if it's possible to fit the FPGA/ADC/analog section in the 45mm x 42mm space available for the expansion card.

Last edited by d18c7db (2009-04-03 04:44:17)

#4 2009-07-03 01:34:24

samy
Contributor
Website

This would be *so* cool!

Guess we have to get the PM3 down to the add-on module size it supports though, right? Seems like a lot to put on a very small board.

#5 2009-08-08 14:43:25

Labeless
Contributor

Hello all.

Since this is my first post I'll take the freedom and use a couple lines to express my excitement for this project (the PM3 in general). I stumbled upon this by coincidence while e-watching Adam's presentation on Satellites/Dishes and frequency scanning, where he held a little talk on RFID at the very end..pretty sweet stuff wink Anyway one thing led to another and here I am, lurking this forum for so long now. Like any good 'n00b' (compliment intended) here, I too am looking for a place to get started and I thought to myself what better place than with a PM4!

Which brings me back on-topic: I followed cynergysystems'/BizonGod's thread on an attempt to 'upgrade' the PM3 and even d18c7db's implementation of an LCD :drools: But what made me wet my pants was the primer2 idea above. To my understanding the platform provides more than anyone could wish for:

d18c7db wrote:

Essentially it's a small (cell phone sized) portable device with a touch LCD screen, joystick, battery including charger via USB, accelerometer, audio codecs, etc and it comes with a case (enclosure). Additionally it seems pretty open in terms of C compiler, datasheets and has an expansion bus.

+SDcard +IrDA +Addon/Plugin capability

The connector is situated to accomodate a PCB inside its casing with maximum dimensions 45 x 45mm with a clearance of approximately 7.5mm for componants between PCB and the casing. The casing includes an opening of 2 x 46mm situated to allow the PCB of an Add-on module to extend outside of the casing

My question is what should a possible Addon Module look like so the whole device be effectivelly a proxmark? Even if the provided enclosure does not allow (custom case anyone? smile ) I mean which are all the components that need to find their way on there to make the whole thing work? I realise I may be asking to get 'juice out of rocks' so please forgive my ignorance.

I am looking forward to any input on this matter.

Last edited by Labeless (2009-08-08 15:40:17)

#6 2009-08-09 05:43:51

d18c7db
Contributor

Everything except the ARM micro needs to make it's way onto another platform to make a PM3

Board footer