Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2011-04-21 17:25:48

pietjepuk

Researching Hitag2 memory access in crypto

Hi all, I've dedicated myself to playing with hitag2 in crypto mode, and I've hit a few bumps on the road:

Is it correct that the proxmark3 can't sniff lf tags without energizing it's own magfield ?

Readers that support hitag2 in crypto mode seem hard to come by.. I hoped the proxmark could mean something here, but other than a suggestion of being able to write to it here ( http://www.proxmark.org/forum/topic/251 … o-lf-tags/ ) I can't really find anything ....  Can anyone confirm this works for a hitag2 in crypto mode ?

there's a hitag2.c in the source, but it seems to be for emulating a tag (If I understand correctly) Can anyone confirm this please ?

I've sniffed a lot of data using a diode detector like they did at the ccc (not tuned because I could not find a manual with a capacitor rating) These resulting wav files show promising in boudline, but now I'd like them to be transformed to binary for easy reading (and feeding them to a sat-solver ... but I'll look into that when I have them in binary) HenryK used a "couple of lines of c" for this at the ccc, and in a forum post he allso promised to release it... Can anyone tell me where to find it ??? ( or explain another way to convert the recorded audio-files to something a sat-solver or a proxmark3 can read ??

I'm not someone who can write c code... but I've payed people for extending open-source projects with small functionality (and posting them back of course) multiple times... maybe there is something I can do to get the proxmark to support more features in regard to the hitag2 ....

Thanks for answering !

#2 2011-04-21 19:12:44

vivat
Contributor

Re: Researching Hitag2 memory access in crypto

#3 2011-04-21 19:42:21

pietjepuk

Re: Researching Hitag2 memory access in crypto

Hi Vivat,

Yeah, the links you send me are well known by now...

The first problem I run into now is that I don't really have a binary result which I can try to decode.. I only have sniffed .wav files which still need to be converted.. ( but how ?) ...

All in all, I recon it would be much more productive to be able to sniff lf with the proxmark, I'm kind of surprised this isn't integrated yet... but that's easy for me to say, as I really dont't know c and really have no notion of programming an fpga...

Board footer