Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-02-14 05:13:07

Juan Wick
Contributor

[SOLVED] Understanding ATQA / SAK

********I used Iceman's command and it helped me to change the ATQA and the SAK. However, it did not work on the reader......until I used a 1 time clone magic card. I believe that the readers at this hotel recognize magic cards and that was a contributing factor. So it was a combination of changing the ATQA/SAK and using a 1 time clone card. Thank-you Iceman for the quick response!*********

I recently cloned a Mifare Classic card and had no issue reading the card, getting all of the keys and loading the dump to a card that responds to magic commands. However, the cloned card does not work on the reader that I'm interfacing with. The only difference between the cards that I can see is the ATQA and the SAK. Could someone please explain to me how this could prevent me from making an exact clone that would work. I've tried to research ATQA and SAK but haven't been able to find anything substantial enough to make things work. Thanks for the insight in advance!

Last edited by Juan Wick (2019-02-18 04:08:13)

#2 2019-02-14 08:51:39

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Understanding ATQA / SAK

Its kind of tricky with magic cards.  Some allows for atqa/sak to be changed,  some only the atqa,  some allows for different atqa/sak which is stored in Sector0 / block0  vs the atqa/sak that is used in the actual anticollision process...

You might be able to do something with your current magic card.  Read the helptext for csetuid.

hf mf csetuid h

#3 2019-02-15 02:48:30

dontlook
Contributor

Re: [SOLVED] Understanding ATQA / SAK

I have purchased some cards that have ATQA & SAK for a different manufacturer(Infineon). Some readers/systems wouldn't even "respond" to the card with LED indicators.  With mine I was able to use csetuid and change the ATQA and SAK to match the original card.  This allowed the clone to work.

Board footer