Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-02-01 11:19:38

devine
Contributor

So iv update firmware and can connect... now what.

Hi i am new to proxmark3 and have the rdv4. Iv updated it with the new firmware (rdv4 repo version) and am able to connect to it and run commands.

I am unable to find any "how 2" type posts to get me started. I am currently just trying to read and emulate my work NFC card but i have no idea how to start doing that.

I cant find anywhere that even tells me what the button does on my proxmark does.

Any guides/tutorials for a beginner or general tips would be great.

I was hoping to find a detailed manual but... i can only find setup/firmware update guides.

#2 2019-02-01 14:51:55

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: So iv update firmware and can connect... now what.

The wiki has some good reading material, 
and not to mention googling blog posts / youtube video / search forum for the specific stuff you want to do.

#3 2019-02-01 15:22:45

devine
Contributor

Thanks that what iv been doing all day, so far iv learned how to identify cards us hf/lf search... i amount learned after all the effort of reading. Most things i read the commands dont match anymore.

Also can you tell me what the button does, still cant find any info out on it. Also how do i use it without a computer to read then simulate (am sure it advertised it could do that)?

I thought there would be a manual somewhere for basic functionality.

#4 2019-02-01 15:30:40

iceman
Administrator
Website

search for standalone modes..    There is a heap of individual developments of them very bad maintained. 

I have tried to add up those I have found into the Iceman fork & RRG repo in a more easy unified way to use / compile them on a updated code base. The documentation for them is scattered,   you need to sharpen your google-foo skills in order to sort it out.

And yeah,  the commands from older posts  / blogs most likely doesn't match latest source code commands.

#5 2019-02-01 16:03:39

devine
Contributor

Right ok so the standalone modes are not part of the current RfidResearchGroup/proxmark3 repo, so when i build and flash as the getting started guide says, standalone mode is not part of it?

Kind of makes sense because when i hold down my button (no matter how long) nothing happens.

side note can running (lf t55xx bruteforce 00000000 ffffffff) command kill the t5577 card that comes with the proxmark3? as my card can no longer be found running lf search since running it sad

also anyway to bring it back to life? my work card is still found so guessing the proxmarks still working

edit: Never mind about dead card fixed with >>> lf t55 wipe

Last edited by devine (2019-02-01 16:05:28)

#6 2019-02-01 16:10:59

iceman
Administrator
Website

no no, you missunderstood.   https://github.com/RfidResearchGroup/pr … Standalone

It actually very easy to try / swapp / compile those standalone modes I found.    However I don't maintain them..

#7 2019-02-01 16:12:06

iceman
Administrator
Website

And there is always one standalone mode active.

run

pm3-->hw status

And you will see which standalone mode that is installed on your device

#8 2019-02-01 16:13:10

iceman
Administrator
Website

Anyway,  if you have other questions,  start new threads after you searched for possible earlier threads.

Happy learning!

Board footer