Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2018-12-20 09:58:19

Learner4Life
Contributor

SAK: Discrepancy (08 and 88) - Cloned MIFARE Classic card Fails

Hi Iceman / All,

I noticed after the sectors write successfully, the chinese card GEN1 is reporting different SAK number. 88 [2] instead of 08 [2].
Card type also have changed from NXP MIFARE CLASSIC 1k | Plus 2k SL1 to Infineon MIFARE CLASSIC 1K.
have tested the clone card and it doesn’t work.

Trying to understand, how to solve this?

Proxmark Details

proxmark-details.jpg

Magic Card details before cloning

2-proxmark-version.png

Original Card Details to be Cloned

3-Original-Card.png

All keys were found and I cross checked same using Lua Script. I can see whole table.

4-Cloning.png

After Cloning, SAK value of Magic card changes from SAK08 to SAK88 while original card has SAK08. Card type also have changed from NXP MIFARE CLASSIC 1k | Plus 2k SL1 to Infineon MIFARE CLASSIC 1K.

5-Sak-Difference.png

Last edited by Learner4Life (2018-12-20 10:35:07)

#2 2018-12-30 15:00:37

zantzue
Contributor

Re: SAK: Discrepancy (08 and 88) - Cloned MIFARE Classic card Fails

Same problem here. I cloned the tag we use to recycle organic waste and the SAK changed.

pm3 --> hf search
 UID : 4A A1 83 A5
ATQA : 00 04
 SAK : 88 [2]
TYPE : Infineon MIFARE CLASSIC 1K
[=] proprietary non iso14443-4 card found, RATS not supported
[+] Answers to magic commands (GEN 1a): YES
[+] Prng detection: WEAK

[+] Valid ISO14443-A Tag Found

I'll test the card later. Will it open the bin? (not asking, just wondering)

Edit: It opens it! big_smile but it seems it stores some kind of information after using it as some blocks changed. I used the original one after using the clone and I could open the bin but maybe it's not a good idea to use both (I wanted to give my wife a copy as we were given just one).

Last edited by zantzue (2018-12-30 20:03:09)

#3 2018-12-30 16:34:40

iceman
Administrator
Website

you can change sak /atqa  for most magic cards.   

read helptext

hf mf csetuid h

#4 2018-12-30 23:43:07

zantzue
Contributor

I tried "hf mf csetuid 4aa183a5 0004 08" and it did the trick. Now the clone is exactly the same (except for it answers to magic commands).

#5 2021-09-19 22:15:53

Pericles
Contributor

iceman wrote:

you can change sak /atqa  for most magic cards.   

Thanks for this insight, Iceman!

hf mf csetuid h

I guess since I have the Proxmark3 RDV3.0, the syntax is a little different. In my case, it wouldn't accept the commands mentioned here. This seemed to work:  hf mf csetuid -w -u ******** -atqa 0004 --sak 08 but didn't solve the issue--as in the clone is still not working. I have the same exact issue as the OP, but changing the SAK after the clone is produced didn't correct it, and I didn't find relief by changing block 0 so far.

I purchased 200 key tags from two different vendors in China using AliExpress. The batch of 100 black ones all perform like the OP mentioned, and the other 100 were from a different source and were a batch of multi-colored tags, but only the black ones have worked. I wrote them using ACR122U.

Any ideas on how to get these tags working?

Thanks!

#6 2021-09-20 18:04:07

iceman
Administrator
Website

the syntax has change since 2018..  but congrats of bringing back a thread from the dead

Before there were a thread about magic uid cards here on the forum but it was hard to read and follow.
So Doegox compiled a nice document https://github.com/RfidResearchGroup/pr … s_notes.md

#7 2021-09-25 03:41:35

Pericles
Contributor

iceman wrote:

the syntax has change since 2018..  but congrats of bringing back a thread from the dead

Haha! I was thinking about that when I saw the date, but I'm just getting into this stuff and gotta do something with all these tags:)

Before there were a thread about magic uid cards here on the forum but it was hard to read and follow.
So Doegox compiled a nice document https://github.com/RfidResearchGroup/pr … s_notes.md

So Iceman--you're the guru and architect of this firmware and the latest Proxmark...that link you sent me is pretty comprehensive. Do you happen to know if I can just freeze the SAK and then clone the tag? I don't have the expertise yet to suss out if there's a solution among the options in this exquisite document. smile

#8 2021-10-12 17:16:55

Pericles
Contributor

Pericles wrote:
iceman wrote:

Haha! I was thinking about that when I saw the date, but I'm just getting into this stuff and gotta do something with all these tags:)

So Iceman--you're the guru and architect of this firmware and the latest Proxmark...that link you sent me is pretty comprehensive. Do you happen to know if I can just freeze the SAK and then clone the tag? I don't have the expertise yet to suss out if there's a solution among the options in this exquisite document. smile

Anyone?

Thanks!

Board footer