Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2018-02-25 05:31:42

xavierrr
Contributor

Sending data using lf sim

Hi, I have a question about the function of lf sim and possible modifications that I could make on this command.

In my understanding, lf sim is simulating a passive tag. When the simulation begins, the Proxmark will detect the reader field and once detected, the data in the graph buffer will be sent.

I am wondering if I can modify the code so that the command transmits the data in the graph buffer once I entered the command without waiting for the reader field?

#2 2018-02-25 06:38:16

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Sending data using lf sim

?? doesn't it do that already?   It sends the data to the device,  then enters the loop where it detects readerfield?  Look at armsrc/lfops.c...

#3 2018-02-25 06:59:44

xavierrr
Contributor

Sorry for any confusion but I mean if I can send the data immediately after the command typed without waiting for the reader field.

I looked into SimulateTagLowFrequency function, it seems the FPGA is set to FPGA_MAJOR_MODE_LF_EDGE_DETECT mode which I believe is used to detect the reader field. I am wondering in which file does this mode defined that I may possibly modify? Or there are another mode that I can send the data in the graphbuffer out directly?

#4 2018-02-25 07:23:12

iceman
Administrator
Website

I belive the whole LF sim code is inside the lfops.c    If it looks for a readerfield you usually see a reference to reading adc values.
Go bananas and have fun!   if it turn out to be any good,  make a PR  smile

Board footer