Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2010-04-13 08:48:51

psam

antenna is unusable

I have buy the Proxmark 3 + Antenna, but when I run the "tune" command several times, I keep getting this result:

>> Started prox, built Sep  5 2009 16:26:21
>> Connected to device
> tune

# LF antenna:  0.00 V @   125.00 kHz
# LF antenna:  0.00 V @   134.00 kHz
# LF optimal:  0.23 V @     9.42 kHz
# HF antenna:  0.00 V @    13.56 MHz
# Your LF antenna is unusable.
# Your HF antenna is unusable.

What I should do to find the problem?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2010-04-13 10:20:35

toffe

Re: antenna is unusable

It's difficult to answer this by the information you've given. Please complete the following details:

Where did you buy the Proxmark3, purchase date? This is important since boards bought from proxmark3.com have different values of C35 depending on purchase date: All boards purchased on or after Mar 29 have 47pF caps. Those purchased before have 100pF caps.

Which antenna do you have? How do you connect it? Are you able to post a picture of your setup?

Note that it's not only a matter of connecting the supplied Hirose-cable to the connector and leaving the USB-connector on the other side! Check out Antennas on the Wiki. In short, in order for an antenna to be usable, it must consist of a loop of wire. In order to work, it must be properly tuned.

#3 2010-04-13 10:51:42

psam

toffe wrote:

It's difficult to answer this by the information you've given. Please complete the following details:

Where did you buy the Proxmark3, purchase date? This is important since boards bought from proxmark3.com have different values of C35 depending on purchase date: All boards purchased on or after Mar 29 have 47pF caps. Those purchased before have 100pF caps.

Which antenna do you have? How do you connect it? Are you able to post a picture of your setup?

Note that it's not only a matter of connecting the supplied Hirose-cable to the connector and leaving the USB-connector on the other side! Check out Antennas on the Wiki. In short, in order for an antenna to be usable, it must consist of a loop of wire. In order to work, it must be properly tuned.

Here are some pictures.
this proxmarks is buy more dan 4 months ago.

244.jpg
245.jpg
246.jpg
247.jpg
248.jpg

#4 2010-04-13 12:29:16

proxcat
Contributor
Website

You can obtain HF PCB antennas from proxmark3.com. These simply plug-in on the hirose port and there's no need to fuss with test points. They work with both 100pF or 47pF caps on the Proxmark with the aid of a switch.

#5 2010-04-13 15:53:57

psam

proxcat wrote:

You can obtain HF PCB antennas from proxmark3.com. These simply plug-in on the hirose port and there's no need to fuss with test points. They work with both 100pF or 47pF caps on the Proxmark with the aid of a switch.

The antenna is good this should work, for the test i have used another antenna but this had the same effect

Board footer