Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2010-03-27 22:54:53

berny

Windows 7 and USB driver

Hi folks,

i try do install my pm3 on win7 - but no chance! I get a message like this during driver installation:
--> in the choosen directory (i have choosen the correct one ;O) - "proxmark_driver") is no supported file!

I use Winter '10 release (SVN r412)

It would be nice to get some feedback!

Thanks in advance,
berni

#2 2010-05-09 21:33:35

zarafa

Re: Windows 7 and USB driver

You can't install the windows driver manually. Follow these instructions (from the manual):

The flashing commands have changed a lot as well as the USB protocol, so you will first need to install a specific PM3 driver is you are on Windows, as described below:

- Start / Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager - Find the Proxmark under "Human Interface Devices", it will show up as a "USB Human Interface Device". Pay attention to the "USB" in the name of the device: do not choose the "HID Compliant device" with the same PID/VID - Right click the device and select "Update Driver" - Choose "No, not this time" if Windows asks you for Windows update permission - Choose "install from a list or specific location" - Select "Don't search, I will choose" and on the next dialog press "Have Disk..." - Browse for your PM3's driver directory

But I guess this driver is not gonna work under Win7 64-bit. You could give Windows XP a try instead.

#3 2010-05-22 08:10:33

mrbrt

I got my pm3 to work on win7 x64, with only a slight hack required.
I'm running the Winter '10 release, latest svn build as of today.

Windows 7 support seemed not to work because the libusb0* drivers were not signed, as well as the proxmark3.inf file.   To load unsigned drivers, one of the solutions is to press f8 on startup and select an option to ignore unsigned drivers, but it's annoying and non persistant, you have to do it everytime.

Solution:

Sign with a test microsoft certificate.

Step 1) Go to http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo and download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b. 

Step 2) Follow instructions for inital setup, aka, select "Enable Test Mode". Hit next, reboot computer.

Step 3) run the dseo13b.exe file again, this time select "Sign a system file".  Go to the ..\proxmark3_win_bins\proxmark_driver\ folder, and sign all the .dlls .inf and .sys files.

Step 4) Remove PM3 using device manager, and select "remove software"

Step 5) plug in Pm3, go to "manually specify driver" and select your newly signed drivers.

Step 6) ???

Step 7) profit!

EDit:   Running the command prompt as administrator also seems to help immensely.
Hope this helps you out.

PunBB bbcode test

Last edited by mrbrt (2010-05-22 08:12:47)

#4 2011-05-16 14:23:07

merlok
Contributor

I have found a signed driver. I test it and this driver works with last revision of the proxmark3.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c … ned-driver

Board footer