Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2017-10-06 12:19:36

T.
Contributor

Starting from the bottom

Dear Community,

I am a beginner in rfid and I would like some advice from you guys. I am playing a bit around with my proxmark so I have the basics commands and the basic understanding of how the cards are working. I would like tho to be more specific and understand how everything work, from how the data is stored on the card ( understand how the blocks are working ), how the data is encrypted on the card, and how the protocols are working.
For that, I would like to know if you have any courses to follow, or books to read about that because I cannot find some documents specific enough that start from the scratch. I read a couple of thesis projects, some research but nothing that I am looking for.

To be clear, if you guys can give me some links or advice to start learning about RFID, some recommendation it would be great.
Furthermore, I think that a couples of guys might be in my position and are scared to ask, so if your help are specific we can create a new topics for “ newbies “ so they could learn by themselves before asking any kind of questions.
I am doing some cyber security research so I am not scared of the amount of work, so just feel free to post anything you find online, from research to videos.

My final goal is to be able to help you to crack a new type of card. I know that seems to be impossible right now, but with time and research everything is possible

Thanks in advance guys smile

T.

#2 2017-10-13 12:21:51

T.
Contributor

Re: Starting from the bottom

Proxmark

Is the link I was looking for to begin.

If you have anything else, don't hesitate
I will keep updating that post if I find anything interesting online smile

T.

Last edited by T. (2017-10-13 14:14:22)