Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-06-24 18:04:38

proxcat
Contributor
Website

Proxmark Pro - Proxmark3 without a PC

Rysc Corp has been hard at work for the past 6 months developing a new version of the Proxmark3. The Proxmark3 has always been relatively awkward to use in-the-field because of its dependence on a PC. One of our great forum members, d18c7db, tried to correct the problem with the Proxmark3 LCD some years ago but his design never took hold for various reasons.

We have a solution in mind to these and other problems and have embodied that solution in the Proxmark Pro. We've proven most of the new hardware and are now ready to enter the final stages of development.

Proxmark Pro

We've launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the final stages of development and production. We are also using the campaign as a way to gauge interest in this evolution of the Proxmark3 line. Help us bring the Proxmark Pro to life by backing our project today!

#2 2016-06-26 14:30:10

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Proxmark Pro - Proxmark3 without a PC

Sweet,  this will be interesting to follow.

#3 2016-06-26 18:28:09

somemadeupname
Contributor

I'm quite interested in following the development of this, especially because of the larger FPGA.

I noticed that a lot (if not all) of the hardware upgrades (as in battery, buzzer, SD slot, larger FPGA, multi-directional switch, LCD) are also already part of the PM3 LCD design. Will this basically be a more polished and productionised version of the PM3 LCD, or is there more to it than that?

I was also going to ask about the antenna connector (which would make it the 3rd I've seen, on top of the Hirose and MMCX connectors), but then realized that this will plug directly into the existing PM3 antennas from Rysc Corp, so the choice makes sense. Interesting potential issue this raises though - what would happen if you plug that side into your computer?

#4 2016-06-26 23:59:30

0xFFFF
Administrator

I'm keen but not $540 AUD keen. Good luck!
Rysc Corp know what they are doing. This is well worth the investment if you're after any of the extra features they have to offer.

#5 2016-06-27 02:00:28

marshmellow
Contributor

arm memory size?
main benefits over the rdv2.0 are LCD and finger switch?

this will likely cause a major code fork, no?

is it any faster processing making higher data rate protocols theoretically possible?

i have little use for being more mobile than my tablet.

#6 2016-06-27 10:55:38

somemadeupname
Contributor

I didn't think the rdv2.0 had a larger FPGA, so that would be a pretty major benefit...

#7 2016-06-27 11:34:54

iceman
Administrator
Website

If you can re-write the fpga code to make use of the larger FPGA, yes,    After been here for three year, I've seen but a very few number of ppl who can this.  Izsh,Piwi,Holiman,  and none of them has been active for a while.   No wonder Rysc Corp want to kickstart $150 000, but even then the most money goes into the hardware dev.

So I'm guessing they will make the hardware and hoping the FPGA source will be dealt with open-source contribution.  Rysc Corp are most welcome to tell us here what the plan is.

#8 2016-06-27 23:06:57

marshmellow
Contributor

The FPGA being split doesn't really bother anything.  So i see no benefit currently from that.  You could actually switch between modes in standalone if you had the right button sequence programmed.

#9 2016-06-28 06:16:49

iceman
Administrator
Website

With a faster bigger fpga, the miller/manchester decoding/encoding could be there.  Even implement better signal filters,  and maybe even crypto parts.  This however needs a skilled fpga developer.

#10 2016-07-22 21:25:55

proxcat
Contributor
Website

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for your comments and feedback!

@iceman - as far as the new FPGA goes, we can already read HF and LF tags... hooray! Most of the FPGA changes are done, we just need more testing. We aim to ship the ProxmarkPro running a fully functional version of 2.2.0.

@marshmellow - the big improvements concern portability and the larger fpga. the existing PM3 is clumsy in the field. we wanted a version that could be operated with one hand and thought others might like that as well. you are correct, the proxmark pro will need its own code base... GPIOs on ARM and FPGA config will be different from the PM3. The ARM will be the AT91SAM7S512 (same as our current PM3).

@0xffff - thanks for the extra luck! it's looking like we'll need it smile funding progress has not been good.

@somemadeupname - the pm3 LCD had quite a few problems - we are addressing those and improving it where we can. as for plugging in the antenna port to the PC... we believe there will be no effect. the buffers (transmit) and multiplexor (receive) should both be high-Z, but we still need to verify this. Believe it or not, this actually already happens with the PM3 quite a lot. Folks connect their antenna port to their PC for maximum winning but we haven't witnessed any damage resulting from this practice to date.

You guys rule! Stay awesome.

#11 2016-07-22 22:05:23

iceman
Administrator
Website

Nice to hear for you,

When you say reading LF/HF, what have you added to the more powerful FPGA code?

Please, do us all a favor and use v2.3.0 which is the latest release of the PM3 Master.   The v2.2.0 is more than a year old.
https://github.com/Proxmark/proxmark3/r … tag/v2.3.0

#12 2016-07-25 09:33:37

meter
Contributor

Nowadays almost all if not all have one an android smartphone, so I use it as LCD and as SD. This projects was useful about 5 or 7 years ago, now I can buy a PM3 with 200 USD from Electhouse, with good antennas.
I don't like the USB connector for antenna, maybe was better use a more standard connector as SMA or MMCX.
Sorry but with 400 USD I expected more improvements, for example the microcontroller why not a ARM Cortex M4 at 200MHz? The price for it is about 7USD, I don't think is too much, sure the firmware should be written from zero, but I think it's a good chance for remove many dead code in PM3.

#13 2016-08-08 12:18:13

meter
Contributor

Funded unsuccessfully, so bad! Please try other one with a low price as 150 USD, if think more people take one.
Sometime competition is a pain, or maybe is helpful to improve us.

Board footer