Proxmark developers community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device!

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-08-13 19:17:27

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Store review - Elechouse

And they even call it  a "Proxmark reader"..   Looks nice,  I'm waiting for some more pictures. Same MCU as RDV2.0

modhex(hkhehghthbhudcfcdchkigiehgduiehg)

#27 2016-09-25 08:29:53

iceman
Administrator
Website

Just found out that Elechouse seems to identified some minor problems and suggested some upgrading for its PM3 RDV2.0

See like for pictures:  https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=29af2859 … mf9oGGpgCU

#28 2016-09-30 05:16:39

cjbrigato
Contributor

Already got a board with the first mod,
It makes HF tune showing 32mV to 36mV if setuped like proposed in manual, and I may say that this along with their HF external antenna of rdv2 is really impressive one.
However, new 1000mAh battery is to be made as far as possible of the HF antenna, as this battery is really strong on being interference cause if in same vertical as the communication.

LF modication of power is not needed if the LF antenna is place in the former situation, or if "fine tuning" is needay, anywhere neer the new 1000mAH E.H. Battery, making fun Free Voltage Tuner for the device.

#29 2016-09-30 08:09:55

iceman
Administrator
Website

So its the battery which causes these problems with the pm3 rdv easy?

#30 2016-09-30 11:08:49

cjbrigato
Contributor

The pm3 rdv "easy" is the Chinese marked centered low cost rdv2 with stripped down quality and no battery. So no, it's not that battery the problem, but I saw so much of these behing immediately thought as going to the back of the phone as final implementation that yes, this is sufficent to cause it to have nothing but problems,

But also I read here and there that the builtin hf antenna is not that good, with LF antenna being also a problem on this , having to be placed not like the setup of the marketed presentation at all.

If not clear, I was talking about the RDV2 proxmark,
- Most recent boards ALREADY have the pictured upgrade on components.
- Still the boards are RDV2 Design and no diffence is visible but maybe a better looking pcb quality finition, and the said changes
- New 1000mah in place of 600mAH battery is making some setups not behaving totally as expected, and it resuts in solution I found and described earlier : battery is to be avoid near antenna HF, but is benefic to LF Voltage Tuning, quite usefull in case of angry tags or non homogen tag size collection.

Once the HF external antenna of the RDV2 "last revision board" (so caming whith nothing to do) , setuping like the manual with HF being the only antenna on the side of the HAT LOGO, THEN it is perfect antenna. If need snooping, HF antenna should have a half-circle rotation, with always copper side going to "up", which mean "copper and battery are divorcing" scene , the mnemo I first think of to remember that battery has clear impact on all near verticual during communication.

Stilln you will not have better HF performance than when on the setup i described without snooping and a little 2 or 3mm of soft Kleened and a little Transparent adhesive added. wink

Hope it is clear in explanation now ? sad

Board footer