Proxmark3 developers community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-15 18:46:28

softy

Linux HID api to send output report and getinput report

Hello all,
This is my first post.I have read  couple of forums(via googling) about Linux HID communication .I wanted to know wether anyone here is able to successfully communicate (send output reports and get input reports ) using any of the linux HID apis.
I have tried using this API - http://www.signal11.us/oss/hidapi/ for linux.I built the application and was able to send the custom output reports for reading the device register(can see by putting the break point in the firmware of the device) but I never got any response (GET INPUT) though I was able to send the Output report(SET OUTPUT report).
Sorry to say my device is from some other vendor(its an USB HID device) and  I have been able to interact with it using Windows hid.dll by dllimporting Setup APIS.

[DllImport("hid.dll", SetLastError = true)]
        internal static extern Boolean HidD_GetInputReport
            (SafeFileHandle HidDeviceObject,
            Byte[] lpReportBuffer,
            Int32 ReportBufferLength);

This call works but while trying to implement the same using Linux libusb interface I never get input report ( hid_read).
Any pointers for the debug point where I should be looking or any hack for it if it has been encountered by the fellow developers.
Looking for a fruitful discussion !
Thanks in advance,

Board footer