Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2014-12-23 09:13:07

dk1206
Contributor

Cannot Flash my PM3

Hey guys,

I just bought PM3 and followed the Windows Guide on Wiki. Everything worked OK, until the FLASH part. I followed the instructions and I got the message "Flashing succesfull".

However, my Virtual Port only appears if I held my buttons pressed down on PM3. If I don't it appears under "libusb".
I read similar problems here on this Forums, but the solution from UpdateBootloader.pdf didint help me ( the part where you should connect PM3 with button pressed and navigate to Device Manager and update driver manually - this doesn't work, because if I connect my PM3 with buttons pressed it doesn't appear under libusb, but only as Virtual COM Port (COM4) ).

IMPORTANT, to conclude:

- If I connect PM3 after flashing it, to USB Port, it appears under libusb, and there's no Virtual COM Port
- If I connect PM3 with buttons pressed down to USB Port, it appears as Virtual COM Port (COM4), but not under libusb (so I cannot use the last segment in PDF as solution)

Any ideas / help?

Thanks!

#2 2014-12-23 11:21:14

dk1206
Contributor

Re: Cannot Flash my PM3

[can't find the Edit Button?]

Some additional info:

- When I'm trynig to Flash it again, I'm holding the button pressed down and connect the USB to port... windows doesn't make the sound as new Device Found, but messages me: Unrecognized Device (could be malfunctioned).  Does this mean my Proxmark 3 doesn't work?

#3 2014-12-23 11:52:14

dk1206
Contributor

Re: Cannot Flash my PM3

[UPDATE]

- I managed to manually update the Driver and now I am able to see Virtual Port on COM4 while holding down the Button on PM3. However, when I try to flash it still says: "Waiting for PM3 to appearn on USB...." and I have waited a long time, but still didn't find it.

Board footer