Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2013-03-16 11:50:01

cupido

new USB CDC/ACM not recognized under win7

Hi,

I flashed the new bootrom to mitgrate to the new USB CDC connection. The flashing procedure (with the old flasher) seemed to have went well. My problem is, that the proxmark isn't recognized as a COM-port yet. When I connect the proxmark to the PC it is still recognized as "libusb-win32 device". But when I run promark3.exe now, the programme crashed after one second. Probably because the new bootrom doesn't interact with the old usb-interface. I'm running it on windows 7 x64. Is there maybe an additional driver required for USB CDC/ACM? Or what do you think I have missed? Any help is appreciated very much. Thanks.

#2 2013-03-16 14:48:46

rule

Re: new USB CDC/ACM not recognized under win7

You should update with a new osimage as well. You can do that by holding down the button and replug your proxmark (then you will it is recognized by windows as a comport). Do not forget to install the "driver" (you can find .inf file in trunk/driver), this is needed if your device manager shows an "unknown device" with a big yellow question mark wink

#3 2013-03-16 14:50:39

asper
Contributor

I flashed the bootrom (with OS+FPGA) under Win7 and the PM3 is recognized as a COM port without any driver needed. Maybe you should try to flash another bootloader; this one was good for me (it is the one included in the PDF guide). Here you can find OS + FPGA I flashed succesfully (also described in the guide).

EDIT: just see Roel answered; maybe his one is the good solution ! wink

Last edited by asper (2013-03-16 14:54:03)

#4 2013-03-16 18:13:59

cupido

Thank you both for your quick help! Indeed I had to flash both the osimage and the bootrom. I started with the new osimage file to make sure that the "old" usb connection was still working to flash the bootrom afterwards. In my case that was the right way. At first the device appeared as "unknown device". Then I installed proxmark3.inf manually. Now it is listed in right place as "Proxmark3 (COM5)"!

Board footer